Dear Theodosia - Aaron Burr + child!reader

I ran into the house, looking for my father. He was standing in the parlour, looking out the window, only letting me see the back of him.

"Father!" I said. He flinched. "You wanted to see me? Is mother better?" I said, suddenly asking him a ton of questions. No response. "Father?"

"Dear [name], how to say to you?" He said, turning to reveal his crying face. (Make it 'My Dear [name] if your name is short, like Peggy or Eliza) "She died last night, your mother breathed your name and like a flame, she went out too soon...she died, she...." he suddenly breaks into sobs, going to the floor. I rush to him, crying too.

"She dedicated everyday to you." He said. "She changed my life, she made my life worth while, and when you smile....I know a part of her is on, I know I can go on.."

"Dad.." I say, hugging him. We sat there for a few minutes before he speaks again.

"You have come of age with our young nation. We bleed and f-fight..." He trails off, a sob overcoming his voice. "F-fight for you...sometimes it seems that's all we do, but you and I will build a strong foundation. And I'll be here for you...the way it's clear for you to blow us all away.."

He stops. He stands holding out his hand for me to get up. When I stand, he embraces me again.

"Someday, someday..." he continues. "Yeah you'll blow us all away. Someday, someday..."