Chapter 1 - New School

Music blasting, air-con pounding against my face, wow I reeked of nervousness. I guess considering it was my first day of a public high school, I had every right to be nervous.

I pulled into one of the many empty parking spaces on the side of the street and quickly reached into the backseat to grab my handbag which I was using as a school bag, like all the other girls I have seen on my way to school.

My car definitely stood out compared to all the other rusty, old, damaged cars that laced the perimeter of the road. My car was a purple 458 Italia Ferrari; it was left to me by my dad in his will before he passed away. I didn’t even know it existed until he had died. The number plate read, ‘ANGEL’ because that was his nickname for me ever since I was little.

I fumbled with the car keys trying to find the lock button, I pressed it and the car sprung to life for an extremely short period of time as it locked. I shoved the keys into my handbag and stormed into the school as people stopped and stared at me during my entrance. When I walked into the energetic office I walked straight through to the principal’s room for my interview with her.

I went down to the end of the hallway and looked for the door that read, ‘Miss Smith’. I found it and as soon as I did, my lightly fluttering butterflies turned into raging wasps and bees. I started to walk away as the principal’s door flew open and she yelled out my name, I spun on my heels and walked back over to her. She indicated that I should go into the room so I accepted and took a seat closest to the door; she walked over to her desk and took a seat on her leather computer-desk chair. She pulled out a piece of paper from a draw and handed it to me, I observed it as she spoke, "That is your timetable. All of your classes and teachers are printed on it so please do not lose it."

"Yes Ma’am."

"And don’t call me Ma’am."

"Ah. Yes Miss?" I said cautiously as she gave me a sideways glance of integrity. She reached into her bag and pulled out a comb and started brushing her long black hair. Her blue, optimistic eyes met mine as she fixed up her purple suit. She was tall and thin with an almost golden complexion; she looked energetic and very social. She turned to look outside the window as she said, "When you leave the office there will be a girl awaiting you, she will be your tour guide. By the way Selena, I offer you my condolences for the loss of your dad."

Tears stung at my eyes as I left the office and ran straight into the girl here to give me the tour of the school. She and I both stumbled backwards as I retrieved my footing and rested against the brick wall awkwardly, awaiting an insult.

"Ouch!" she yelped and walked towards me. I felt my stomach turn inside out and my heart began to pound for freedom, when she neared me she stuck out her hand in an offering way, "I’m Alice, your tour guide."

"I’m Selena." Shook her offering hand with comfort, as soon as I made contact with her she flinched in pain. She stared deeply into my eyes as I she were searching for something buried deep within my soul, she seemed to be entranced by me or something. I waved in front of her face and she snapped back to conscientious, she shook her head and then began walking around the school with me showing me where each class was. When she took my timetable she saw my classes and told that that she was in most of them, her eyes danced over my last name as she tilted her head up in surprise. She acted as if the words couldn’t leave her mouth for some strange reason; she blinked excessively and then said, "Your name is Selena Robertson?"

I nodded with curiousness. What was she so excited about? I asked myself mentally as she flicked her curly dark brown hair out of her face. Alice was shorter than me and she was rather dark skinned. Her amber eyes had black rings throughout them and her neck held a beautiful pendant of a star and moon entwined together. She looked almost heavenly as she strutted away from me and signalled me to follow. I didn’t bother questioning her about her excitement as I thought it was probably about my dad’s death, which I didn’t want to talk about, so I just followed her and kept to myself. I was deep in thought until a conversation between Alice and another student interrupted me.

"Move it Witch!"

"Bite me Dog!" Alice screamed back at the boy who looked very mysterious. He was muscular and handsome in an unhuman kind of way; his smirk was cheeky and devilish. He has chocolate brown eyes and black hair that was styled in a spikey and messy kind of way. He was very buff and muscles were his highlighted quality as he strolled around in his tight shirt, he was also very tanned which was only adding to his superhuman looks. He was pretty much my height and at this very moment he was staring at me. I felt myself begin to blush so I tore myself from him awe sprung glare. As I began to walk away I felt someone grab my hand. It was the boy who was staring at me before, he kissed the back of my hand gently, and he then looked me in the eyes and said, "I’m Kane, your new boyfriend."

I stood silently, secretly loving the affection I was receiving but deep inside me I knew that it was wrong. He went for a kiss on the lips as I smacked him across the face, hard. He stumbled back and his eyes flashed an orange colour for a second, everything fell silent as Alice and to his aid and high-fived me after seeing the hand print left on his face. What was that flash in his eyes? I asked myself as Alice took me away from the crowding people.

"That’s Kane he is one of my best friends, but he deserved that." Alice informed me as we made our way to science with Mr Higgins. Mr Higgins sound familiar, I thought as we made entered the classroom.

There he was standing like the asshole he is, he spotted me and waved menacingly...

[Author's Note; This is only written by one person James Brunell (ME!). I'm sorry for the failed cliff hanger. It isn't fully edited either so if any mistakes are found just point them out. VOTE! COMMENT! FAN! Hope you enjoyed!]