21 | hope is like the sun

THERE WAS NOTHING LIKE HAVING TO DISPOSE OF A BODY WHILE HAVING YOUR TIT CHEWED OFF AT 1 IN THE MORNING

THERE WAS NOTHING LIKE HAVING TO DISPOSE OF A BODY WHILE HAVING YOUR TIT CHEWED OFF AT 1 IN THE MORNING. Peter didn't seem the tiniest bit surprised when Roman called him in the middle of the night, providing no explanation except that they needed his help. However, the werewolf was indeed a little shocked to arrive at the Godfrey mansion and found out Olivia had kidnapped Rory and the baby, resulting in Olivia's death and Roman becoming a full-upir, the latter of which was a development no one knew how to approach in the slightest. Rory still couldn't believe the irony that vampires with control issues were apparently just her type.

Although Peter had broken off his friendship with Roman once because of the tendency for upirs to be murderous monsters, in this case, he fully understood. Hell, seeing the state of his friends and their newborn child was enough for him to had done the same if he had been present. He was wary, his family's warnings of the upir at the forefront of his mind, but the new family had been through enough. The questions would come later. For now, he shut the hell up and picked up a shovel.

While Roman and Peter buried Olivia's body in the private section of the nearby woods on the Godfrey estate, Rory fed her hungry daughter, not that it was the easier task of the two. Finding a comfortable place to nurse her child other than the empty attic her child's grandmother nearly killed them all and ended up dying in herself took a good five minutes. It took another ten minutes for the baby to properly latch onto her breast all while crying hysterically, not that Rory could complain. She was angry and upset at what Olivia had done; orchestrating the car accident, drugging her, offering her and the baby as sacrifices to Roman, Roman killing himself...and it all ended with Olivia's death.

Roman and Peter entered the parlor room with hard expressions half an hour later. Their combined enhanced strength had done the job in less time than it would if Roman was still human, or half. Rory wondered what other developments Roman had gained. He seemed the same, stronger, but just like any other human, beating heart and all.

"Look-she's only three days old and she's smiling in her sleep," Rory murmured with an adoring smile as she cradled her daughter in the armchair. The upir softened at Rory's comment as he gently sat on the armrest, glancing down at the cherubic newborn with a matching grin. Rory looked at the two boys. "We can't afford to be sloppy. If any of this gets out..." She didn't need to voice the possible ramifications as she stared at her daughter's innocent, sweet face.

"As far as anyone else knows, Olivia is on vacation," Peter suggested easily, his hands shoved into his jackets pockets casually. "Everyone knows she's been more reclusive lately...ever since Shell's disappearance and then Roman cutting her off, she's no longer regent of the company. No one will find her, we made sure of that." Neither chose to elaborate on what that meant.

"Yes. She has been meaning to visit Château de Godfrey....This'll work," Roman nodded agreeably. He held Peter's gaze. "Thank you."

The werewolf shrugged in response and then nodded toward the infant in Rory's arms. "Congratulations on the baby-and happy birthday, Roman." Peter reminded the couple, glancing at the time.