oh, baby!

nam wasn't feeling so good lately. she was tormented with nausea for the last few days, getting to the point where she refused to eat. the sickening feeling lingering in her throat. it had gone to the point where Liam begged for her to get help.

so while he was out, nam left to the pharmacy to buy some medicine. she told the pharmacist her symptoms and she gave her an amused look.

"whats wrong?" nam whimpered

"are you sure you're not... pregnant, dear?" the woman asked.

nam tilted her head and considered that option. it wasn't unlikely that it was possible that all of this could be the result of becoming pregnant. her period is a little late, but that happens regularly.

"where do you keep your pregnancy tests?"

the pharmacist walked with her to the wall of tests. there were so many brands promising to be the best, it was overwhelming to choose one.

the woman gave nam a comforting smile and held her hand, "I'm sure that whatever happens, you'll be fine," she says, "just choose one."

with that, nam squeezed her hand and bought the test.

-

Nam stared at the stick on the counter.

three minutes.

shes been pacing back and forth in the bathroom for three long, and agonizing minutes. she waited for the symbol to fade to view, the one that would decide her future. she didn't know if she should be happy or afraid.

of course, she and Liam wanted a child, but would they be prepared? her moment of silence was interrupted. the front door opening and she could hear two voices greet her.

"were home!" they said. a smile making its way to nams face.

"Liam, come here please!" she calls. the bathroom door opens and Liam is clearly confused as to why they had to meet in the bathroom.

"are you crying?" he pulls her to his chest, "what happened?"

"I took a pregnancy test." nam confesses. liam pulls away slightly just to look her in the eyes, to see if she's joking or not.

"what did it say?" he asks

"it's positive" nam replies. liam's worried expression melts away and is almost immediately replaced by a grin so big it made his eyes crinkle at the corners.

"you're pregnant, we're having another baby!' he cheers, nam laughs and kisses his cheek. Liam embraces nam tightly in his arms, tears threatening to fall. But then they both feel small hands tug on their shirts

"why are you crying?" asks their son, "are you sad?"

Liam kneeled down to his height and smiled at him, "were crying because we're happy, Adam"

His little face only reads confusion, "are we going to Disney? is that why?"

"no, we're having a baby" Liam answers

"what does that mean?"

"it means you're gonna have a little brother or sister" nam explains

"can it be a boy?" he asked puppy eyes he got from his father

"it doesn't work that way, buddy" Liam picks Adam up and he wraps his arms around his dad.

"so where is it then?" he mumbles from Liam's chest

"you ask too many questions, baby."

"just think, we're gonna have another one like you!" nam holds her husband and son.

"when the baby is here can we go to Disney so I could play with him?" Adam begs.

liam and nam bark out a laugh. "don't get your hopes up if it isn't a boy, Adam"

"I don't care as long as we go to Disney" he admits