Chapter 1

“Claire lets go, I wanna be on the road by lunch!” my dad yelled. As you can guess my name is Claire, Claire Wilson. The reason my dad is yelling is that we are moving back to my old town, Buna TX. We left Buna when I was ten, cause my stepmom didn’t like the country so we moved to Houston.  I ran to the truck not wanting to get yelled at again, “Okay daddy, I’m ready” “Where's your sister”? He asked.

“Probably still in the house, you know she hates this move” “Well tell her to get her ass out here or I’ll leave her”.

    I turn around to go to the house when my Dad stopped me “I’ll be on the road, just catch up”. I shook my head and ran in the house, a lot of memories in this house, good and bad. “Cassy, let's go, Dad already left” “Coming” one second later I saw Cassy coming down the stairs. “Sorry, I was looking for the picture”. I looked in the case to see the last picture taken of all of us together, it was about a year ago. “C’ mon let's go before Dad calls us” “wait, you said Dad already left”? “Yep, you have to ride on my bike with me” “Damn it, fine, but I get the helmet”.

    We got on my bike and we left. I remember when I got the bike, I was begging my dad to buy me one for years, but he never got me one. Finally one Christmas about three years of begging I got one because of my stepmom, it was about two years ago. I chuckled at the memory and sped up. After about one hour or so we made it to Nederland which is about 45 minutes to Buna. All throughout the drive, Cassy was hugging me scared to death, it funny how all my family hates motorcycles, but I love them.

    We were leaving Nederland when I heard a police siren, I slowly pulled over, while Cassy was flipping out, I got my license out and waited. “License, please” I handed it to him and just waited for the words “ ma’am” his talking to Cassy “are you, license driver”. She smiled and took out her license, “so the officer was I going to fast”. “No ma’am, the reason why I pulled you over if you don’t have a helmet on and you are too both are too young to ride a bike without a helmet”. I get this every time Cassy rides with me and I don’t wear a helmet.

    “I’m sorry, but you see, we do have an extra helmet, but we are moving with my dad and the extra helmet is boxed up in his truck, I wasn’t expecting my sister to ride with me” he shook his head and handed us our license. “I understand, I was just making sure you guys are safe, it's my job”. “I understand officer, but you see we are almost home too” “well in that case, I’ll let you go with a warning, just make sure, for now on wear a helmet”. I smiled and said okay.