Chapter 38

Chapter 38

3 months later

“You have to feel the ground beneath your toes, the air in your hair, you have to feel the heat of the sun on your face… now once you have that, I want you to stop this rock I’m gonna throw at you”. I heard footsteps walking away from me, I breathe deeply and did what I was told.  I heard a whistle in the air coming closer to me, it had to be the rock. I let go of the breath I was holding and tried to stop the rock with my mind, but failed miserably again. I felt the rock hit me in the nose and then the grass on my head. I opened my eyes feeling pain in my nose, then something warm. I touched my nose, pulling back to see blood. “You bitch,” I told Elizabeth, “why in the hell did you aim it at my nose.” “Oh don’t be a little pussy,” Elizabeth replied, turning around to talk to Heaven. “You know what,” I started, “if all you want to do is call me names and try to kill me, then you can just leave me the hell alone!” 

 I storm in the house, slamming the door shut. Why does she have to be a bitch all the time. Going in the bathroom, I checked my nose to see if it stopped bleeding luckily it did, but there is a cut on my nose good thing it’s little. I washed off my face making sure no blood is on it and went back in the living room right in time to see Sam come in. I quickly smiled, running up to him and jumping on him, he easily caught me, kissing my on the lips. “How was your day?” Sam asked. “Better now, since you’re here” I replied hugging him. “Did Elizabeth and Heaven leave” I asked, silently praying that they did. “Actually, they want to see both of us,” he replied, while putting me down. Well this want be good. 

We went outside to see Heaven and Elizabeth arguing with each other. “This isn’t a good idea elizabeth,” Heaven was yelling, “what if she doesn’t do it!” “oh she will,” Elizabeth said turning to me, “because if she doesn’t, then she will reject it for the rest of her life.” I stopped, looking at her confused. What is she planning? “What do you want” Sam asks her, I can hear the hatred in his voice. “I want her to prove that she can be the white wolf.” Elizabeth said, looking at me with disappointment. “I’m trying” I replied with clenched teeth. “Don’t let her get under your skin” Sam mindlinked. I looked up at him a smile, these past few months have been wonderful, except for training with Elizabeth, since Sam marked me the connection has multiplied and now all I want to do is stay beside him.

“No you’re not” Elizabeth said, interrupting my thoughts, “but I’m about to change that.''  “How?” I asked, but she didn’t say anything, just walked away, I turned to Heaven for an answer, but she just looked away. My wolf turned inside my head, not liking the fact we didn’t get an answer. “Calm down” I told Snow, but that didn help at all. Elizabeth came back with a bow and a single arrow. Sam automatically put his arm in front of me, taking a step forward, growling a warning at her, but she didn’t listen. She just kept coming forward, she held up the arrow, pointing it at me. “You’re not going to shoot me,” I challenge trying to get closer, but Sam wouldn't let me. She smiled than swiftly pointed the arrow at Sam, before I could comprehend what was happening she quickly let go of it and it went flying towards Sam. 

It got closer… closer… closer… it was about 10 feet in front of us when it burst into flames, nothing was left, not even ash. I took a step back, in shock, I felt tired all of a sudden, like I hadn’t slept in two weeks. Sam turned around looking at me with shock and a hint of amazement in his eyes. “What just happened?” I asked, to no one in particular. “That, my dear white wolf, is you finally accepting your powers.” Elizabeth smirked. Accepting my powers? “What do you mean accepting my powers? I already accepted my powers.” I defended myself. “No you didn’t, you just thought you did. That’s why I did what I did.” she said taking a step forward. “You’re crazy, what if I didn’t stop it!" I yelled matching her step, with Sam in pursuit. "Well, luckily you did stop it. If you didn't..." she trailed off smirking. I can't believe her, just because she wanted me to use my powers, she risked Sam's life.

"Why you little-" I started saying until Heaven interrupted me, "Elizabeth, I think it's time to go." Heaven grabbed her arm and pulled her away from me. I turned around to find Sam smiling down at me. "Come on love, let's get inside."