Epilogue

Ten years later

 It was Ireland's match against England in the Quidditch World Cup. Harry Potter stood in the stands, watching the game excitedly. The last time he had been to the World Cup, there was a Death Eater attack. But that was over a decade ago. Things had changed since those days.

 Ireland won the match that night. Harry clapped and cheered, despite being English himself. But though he was happy for the entire team, there was one person in particular he was cheering for. 

 After the match had ended, Harry left the stands in search of the person he was cheering for. He waited outside the entrance until Declan Malfoy emerged, pulsing with energy after the match.

 "There you are," Harry said. "I was wondering if you would ever come out."

 Declan smiled. "Harry! I didn't know you were able to make it."

 "Thought I'd surprised you. Your parents are here too, you know. They're very proud right now. I don't think they thought their son would grow up to be a star keeper."

 "Well, I wouldn't say 'star' keeper. But I think I like playing keeper more than being a beater."

 Harry thought Declan did make a great keeper, maybe better than he was as beater back at Hogwarts. He was very fierce about his job, and would never let the opposing team get a goal if he could stop them.

 "You could have played on a team too, you know," Declan pointed out. "You were one of the best seekers I've ever seen, and who wouldn't want Harry Potter on their team?"

 Harry looked down at Declan's quidditch uniform. "I guess I could have. Maybe I still could. But I like my job as an auror. And if I were to play for England in the World Cup, we would have been against each other."

 "And then I could have laughed at you when you lost," Declan said jokingly, playfully nudging Harry's shoulder. "All right, I'm kidding. Now, you said my parents are here, did you? I'm sure they'll be along any minute now."

 "Hey, Declan," Harry took him by the hand. "Do you...think your parents have accepted this? About you, about us?"

 Declan's expression suddenly became serious. "Harry, pure-bloods tend to have their prejudices, which no doubt includes this, but the good thing about us Malfoys is that we love each other, and know how to stick together. Even Draco isn't so bad anymore. He's actually congratulated me on a couple of Ireland's wins."

 "Well," Harry smiled, "I guess if Draco can come around."

 "Exactly." Declan smiled. "My parents know exactly how we feel, and they've accepted us."

 If Declan was going to add anything else, it was interrupted by the sound of Sorcha Malfoy calling her son's name.

 "Well, there's no escaping now," he said. "Come on, Harry. You know you like talking about quiddtich. Let's have fun correcting my parents on everything they get wrong."

 Harry smiled, and let the man he loved take him by the hand to lead him away.