I Feel Like Death

Because I am suffering with a cold, why not make my character suffer?
I groaned, pulling the blankets on my body up further. "How're you still cold?" "It's called a fever Remington." I heard my brothers snicker. I coughed, reaching for a cough drop next to my bed. My brothers are watching me while Cody goes to pick up my parents. It was very sweet of him to offer, plus Rem, Seb, and Em wouldn't leave my side the second I came down with a fever. I unwrapped the cough drop and popped it into my mouth. "I feel like death." "You look like death." "Fuck ya too Seb." The door opened and three people entered. "Oh baby." My mom rushed to my side, pressing kisses to my sweaty forehead. "Mom please, I don't want to get you sick." She stepped back and Cody handed me some medicine. "We picked some up before coming here." I thanked him with a smile. "We'll see you when you're feeling better sweetheart, come on boys." My family left the room and Cody looked down at me, smiling sadly. "I'm going to take your temp, but you have to be out of the blankets for at least 5 minutes."

"99.4. It's going down, good." I leaned into Cody's side. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and hugged me. "How was the drive with my parents?" "Oh it was great! They're so sweet." I smiled, coughing slightly. "That's good." I felt tired and my body is urging me to sleep. "If you want, I'll lay down with you." I laid down on the bed, Cody's arms wrapping around my stomach. "I don't want to keep you bored while I sleep." "I'll probably sleep too. Just sleep Love." So that's what I did. I closed my eyes and fell into a peaceful slumber.

When I woke, it wasn't because my body wanted me to, it because the boys were all shouting. "Guys come on! She's sick and you're yelling." I whined, there's no way I can go back to sleep. "Cody, how long was I out?" "5 hours." I sat up quickly. I have never slept that long, even napping wise. Cody handed me some medicine and I gladly swallowed it. "Why are you all yelling?" "Dr. Way informed us that there will be some select students or groups getting a record deal." I gasped, looking at Cody. "Do you know when they're giving them out?" Cody handed me two pieces of paper. One had their band's name on it, Set It Off, and it told them they're getting a record deal at Equal Vision Records. "Oh my God Cody that's amazing!" "Read the second one." I handed him back the paper and scanend through the paper. "Dear Amelia Kropp, we heard your cover of Be Somebody and we want to offer you deal with Equal Vision Records." My hand flew to my mouth. "This is for real?" Cody smiled, nodding his head softly. "We have a week to accept. We tell Gee or Frank and they'll send emails." I got out of bed, hugging Cody tightly. I felt like crying, this is a dream come true. This all my mom ever wanted and it's all I ever wanted. "Baby are you okay?" I guess I had started to cry. "I'm just happy. I didn't think this would happen." Cody's grip on my waist tightened. "You deserve this just as much as we do. With all the pain you've went through, you deserve this happiness." "I'm going to go tell my parents." I grabbed some clothes and bounded into the bathroom.

"Mom! Dad!" I ran into my brothers room, finding my family just talking. "Lia!" I hugged my parents and I bounced anxiously on my feet. "Did you guys hear about the record deals?" Rem smiled and handed me a paper. "Sumerian Records wants us." I hugged all three, getting three kisses on my cheek. "My turn. Cody's got accepted to Equal Vision Records and so did I." I handed my parents the paper and saw their faces go from confused to proud. "Lia this all your mom ever wanted!" I nodded quickly, tears pricking my eyes. "She'd be so proud of you."