I Guess You Could Say That

"How was your first week?" I was asked to come and see Dr. Way before going to Mr. Iero's class. "Despite having an anxiety attack, it went great." He nodded. "How's Cody?" I shrugged and bit my lip, "He's okay. We haven't gotten into a fight if that's what you're asking." Dr. Way sighed and ran a hand through his unruly hair. "You heard. Cody's a good kid. Lot of talent and a great future. He's just lost if that makes sense." I nodded, it made total sense. "Anyway, you should get to class. Tell Mr. Iero that you were in my office." He waved me off and went back to his own office. It took me about 2 minutes to reach the classroom and when I opened the door, the whole class went silent. "Mrs. Getter, you're late." I adjusted my bag and pulled on my shirt. "I was in Dr. Way's office." He didn't ask me anymore questions, just sent me to my desk in between Cody and Alex. I pulled my things out, trying to ignore the familiar handwriting on my notebook. "Today, we'll be starting a movie that'll last us about three days in class. It's called The Patriot. Get comfortable and we'll start." I moved in my seat so that my head was laying on the back of my chair and my feet are up on the desk. I crossed my arms over my chest and watched the screen. "Psst." I looked over to my left, Alex's seat and he handed me a note. I rolled my eyes and opened it. Come to Jack and I's room tonight, we're all going to be there. I nodded my head, saying I'll be there.

"See you guys tomorrow! Snacks, pillows, and blankets are allowed, make sure you have them back in your rooms before you head onto your next classes." I walked out of class, Alex on my tail. "See you in lunch." He winked at me and left. I blinked and shook my head, my brain once again clouded in confusion. "What's wrong?" I jumped, I hadn't noticed Rian next to me. "Are you going to Alex's tonight?" I inquired and started my walk to next period. "No? Is he doing something?" I shrugged. "I don't know. He told me to come to his and Jack's room tonight, he said everyone is going to be there." He sighed and shook his head. "He and Jack just broke up. He's probably hitting on you or something." I shrugged, deciding to not go to his room after all. "Are you going to study tonight? Ashley is having Melanie over. You can study with us if you want." I shook my head and played with the hem of my shirt. "I promised that I'd help Cody with something tonight. I can tomorrow though." Rian nodded and we walked into Math silently. He walked over to Zack and Dallon and I walked toward Dan and Maxx.

"You're going to be in your room tonight right?" Maxx asked and I nodded. "Yeah, why?" He started to gather his things. "Just wondering. Heard a rumor you were going to Gaskarth's room." I shook my head, tossing my backpack over my shoulder. "Nah, I did promise to help you guys and Cody with something tonight." Dan smiled and they left the room. I waited for Rian, Dallon, Zack, and Jack. "I heard you and Alex broke up, I'm sorry Jack." He shrugged, his smile not slipping off his face. "He cheated on me with some girl named Lisa. I'm moving into Mel's room tonight." I rubbed his arm in comfort and we turned toward the lunch room. "Ash is bringing us Taco Bell." I did a small cheer and the guys laughed at me. "How's Cody?" I groaned. "Is that all anyone cares about? I get he can be angry and somewhat dangerous, but he won't hurt me." Max's face deflated and I sat down next in between Jack and Brendon. "Hey Bren. Where's Ry?" Brendon huffed. "Went with Dallon back to the room, Ry hasn't been feeling well lately." I frowned slightly, looking down at the table. Ashley came back a few minutes later, holding 4 bags of Taco Bell food. "Hell yeah I'm hungry."