Part One: Angelie

Dear Camilla,

          Of course you were, and I don’t find it surprising that other people don’t “swear”. I do not myself, and I am a perfectly normal and ordinary person, correct? (“JK”, for I do not take offense on your keen observations of my unique “spice in the stew”.)

            Thank you. I personally see the name “Rose” a very delicate and beautiful name, though you may think otherwise (After all, it does mean “pink” in French and pink could be considered a “girly” color. I am very aware of your stereotypical accounts on “girly” people.) I am half French (hence the name “Eloise”) and half German, though I speak both languages. My grandparents from both sides were the original immigrants, and my parents were childhood friends.

                The nature of hair dye is that it cannot be washed out—only grown out. The people who question you of your hair do not seem to understand much about common barbers’ tools. The rest is for your imagination.

            I do not plan to tell you about my multiple sides. Perhaps you could guess?

            I am afraid that I do not have contact with a lawyer yet—perhaps I could tomorrow? Or will you have taken off and flown to another planet (Preferably Mars—then you can see if they are any Martians.) by then?

            If you grumbled audibly, I would be able to “hear” (by that, I mean read your textual grumbles) your complaints, but I did not—therefore, the correct word would be “unclearly”. Besides, I am pretty sure that your parents (and that of any teenage child) would not be much too pleased to find a string of foul words falling from their child’s mouth—metaphorically speaking, of course (the previously mentioned “string of foul words” in case you failed to pick up on what I had been noting).

            I have lost interest in that particular topic. (“JK”, once more, since it is the only thing I can use to hint that I mean no offense to you, though I truly, honestly have lost interest in that particular topic. I thoroughly and heartily apologize for my lack of interest in your abilities to compute math at this particular moment.)

            I find that quite offensive, knowing that you have already seen my picture and the knowledge is yours that I have blonde hair. (Though it was quite obvious that you doubted my honesty in sending you that picture. It was truly me.) I would also like you to know that I myself wear makeup on certain occasions (stage-makeup, mind you: I do theater workshops at the Youth Art Talent Center) and to save time, our makeup designers us a special, liquefied version of mascara and eyeliner as well. Our foundation cream and powder (which, of course, is always dry, being a powder) remains “dry”, or “normal”. (Cream can only be so dry. However, it is not a soup that I slop onto my face.)

            I see. Honestly? Every person in that “group” is blonde? Again, the rest has been fed to your imagination.

            *Post-Script*: Thank you. You are quite attractive yourself. I have a shirt of the same style, although it is not blue, but a deep green. I see that you have precisely—correct me if I happen to be incorrect—32 freckles on your right cheek, but only 28 on your left. That is, left and right according to if I happen to be you staring out of the picture.

            I can tell your sarcasm through your unexcited words and lack of heartfelt apology for your crude judgment on people who happen to naturally be born blonde.

            Your hair is a very striking color. In this light, it appears to be a golden-brown, but I see that the hair beneath your chin (which is not in the glare, but a more natural lighting) is an auburn-brunette color. I have a feeling that your hair color is really between those two shades of brown.

            Although this is quite off topic—how often do you check your email? I notice that you seem to reply the day sent.

-Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2010, 6:22 AM-