Rising

My O.C.'s up there if anyone wants to know -3- It's a fantastic Rosepool ehe dontkillmeIbegyou

You swayed on your paws. Feeling as if you might fall over, you sat down, your vision blurring. Leafpool said something to you, but you didn't hear whatever it was. No. . . You closed your eyes, tilting your ears back. This isn't real. I'll just wake up any second now, and it'll all be over.

But when you opened your eyes again, you realized that couldn't be further from the truth. You took a deep breath, waiting a few moments for your head to clear. Once it did, you looked Leafpool straight in the eye. "But wait. What does my dream have to do with Sorreltail?" You watched as her expression changed, and she glanced over at Jayfeather, who was shaking his head and mouthing a few words in her direction. She turned her eyes back to you, her gaze sympathetic.

"(Y/N), I. . . I wish I could tell you," She looked at Jayfeather, adding, "but it seems that's for you to figure out." She relaxed a little when you didn't demand an answer, but you weren't about to let the conversation change.

"So what you're saying," you began, your fur beginning to bristle. "is that you know what it means, but you just can't tell me? What a load of fox-dung! It was my dream, and I have the right to know what it means!" When Leafpool turned away, you sighed. "Fine." You hated how weak and defeated your voice sounded, but there was no point in arguing, especially not with a medicine cat. "But one question: how do I figure it out?"

Leafpool didn't turn back around. "You will know when you do. It'll just feel right."

On your way across ThunderClan territory, neither you nor Mothwing spoke. You assumed Mothwing was too disappointed in you to try and be any kind of sympathetic, and you found the prolonged silence more comforting than a lecture.

           Your escorts said nothing as they padded around you. One of them, you realized, was the gray tom from your dream, but you didn't speak to him. You assumed it was just after sunhigh, but the clouds had become dense and heavy with more snow while you were in the ThunderClan camp, so you couldn't really tell. However, the wind was picking up quickly, blowing through the trees, sending icy chills through your fur.

Realizing your surroundings brought you back to the present moment. You stopped, staring in disbelief at what was around you. The place where you stood was the exact place where you'd had your dream of Hawkfrost's death about a quarter moon ago. A lump formed in your throat as you forced yourself to move forward and ignore the sickening feeling sitting in your belly. The last thing I want is to have to talk to Mothwing about that right now. She's a great medicine cat, but I feel like she lacks the basic understanding that she doesn't know everything sometimes. Plus, I don't want to have to deal with impatient ThunderClan cats.

          Trudging through the snow, you finally scented the ShadowClan border a few fox-lengths ahead. Saying goodbye to the patrol, you shook out your sore paws. A wave of relief flooded through you at the thought that the camp was only a bit further, where you could finally let your paws rest after being practically frozen. Suddenly, Mothwing spoke.

"Are you upset?" She kept her gaze forward as she asked the question. Confused, you tilted your head warily. "About what?"

Mothwing still didn't look at you. "About Hawkfrost not telling you that he killed your father."

You turned your gaze to look in front of you. Am I upset about that? When you realized you weren't, another question came to mind. Does that make me evil?