Chapter 6

Alex’s POV

Alex had watched and played with the boys the rest of the day while Valen was out. He wondered what little boy he would bring home and what he would look like, Alex hoped the boy would like his new home and family as they would always care and protect him. Dylan kept asking Alex when his daddy would be home and he told the boy “He will be back tonight after you two are in bed but not to worry you’ll see him in the morning and he has a surprise for you Dylan.” Smiling at the happy look on the boy’s face he watched as Dylan ran over to continue coloring with Tripp while he himself finished some paperwork he had to do. Alex looking at the clock about a hour later noticed it was time to get the boy’s bathed and into bed. He got up from his armchair and walked over to the two boys and said to them “Come on Dylan and Tripp its bath time.”The boys groaned as he steered them upstairs and into the bathroom and undressed them both as the water ran. Alex decided to wash them both at the same time as it would be easier and he would only have to clean up one mess. After a very wet bath time in which his shirt and trousers got completely soaked he dried off the two boys with towels and sent them to their rooms to dress in their pajamas. He went into their rooms and saw that they were already asleep on top of their blankets as the playing they did today must have worn them out. He smiled as he went over and tucked Tripp into his covers and kissed his forehead before moving on to Dylan’s room and doing the same. After he had gotten the two children to sleep he went to his room and changed into some dry Pajama pants before starting to work on his paperwork again. Alex was almost finished when he heard the door downstairs open and he saw Valen walk in with a child around the age of nine in his arms asleep with a werewolf bite on his arm.

No one POV

The werewolf drove his black shiny car into the city limits and parked it in an underground garage before getting out and going to where he had last seen the boy with Light brown hair the night before he had adopted Dylan. Valen looked in the park and saw the lad curled up in a tunnel that was in the playground. He sighed as he saw that this boy was even filthier and skinny as Dylan was, Valen walked over and checked the boy over. Valen noticed he looked around nine years old and his clothes were way too small for him and very raggedy. The boy whose name was Luke shivered in his sleep as the wind blew making him very cold. Luke somehow felt that someone was watching him and opened his eyes letting out a scream as he saw the man in front of him watching him with a curious look in his eyes.

Luke/Valens POV

Luke tried to crawl out of the tunnel but was picked up by the man and held in his arms as he struggled and pleaded to him “please let me go sir I didn’t do anything I promise.”Tears ran down his face as he watched the man’s eye’s look at him sadly as he sat him down but still kept a tight grip on his arms. Valen looked the boy over and saw that this child was small for his age and he could also see scars on the child’s body that looked a few years old. He kneeled down next to the boy and said in a calm friendly tone “Hello my name is Valen what is yours young man?” Luke looked the man over before saying in a small slightly scared voice “my name is Luke sir,” after saying this Luke somehow felt comforted by the strange man’s presence but he could not figure out why. Valen smiled as he learned the boys name Luke he liked that name “well Luke I wanted to ask you if you would like to be my son and an older brother to my other son Dylan he is six?” He knew he was springing this on Luke quit suddenly but he did not want to leave him here to freeze to death or starve. Luke looked at Valen and he seemed really sincere on what he was asking him, he thought about his life so far and how miserable he had been for two years and about being beaten and running away from the orphanage where he had lived before staying on the streets and being hungry and cold. He nodded to the man saying quickly incase Valen changed his mind “I would love to sir I want to be in a happy family again and be loved.” Valen smiled and took the boys hand in his and said happily “I am glad you said that Luke Dylan and his friend Tripp would love another little boy to play with and I have enough love for twenty children so you will always be loved and cherished by your new family.” Luke smiled and hugged the man before moving back and flinched waiting to see if Valen would hit him for daring to hug him. HE was surprised when Valen pulled him back in for a hug and listened as he said “I am sorry Luke but this will hurt a little but them you will fall asleep.” Luke had no time to process what Valen had said before he felt a sharp pain in his arm before falling into a deep sleep.

Valen picked the child up and walked back to his car happy that no one seemed to be out tonight as he got into his car and started driving home. He looked into his mirror and watched his second son sleep peacefully on a blanket he had put in the back of the car for him. Pulling up in the driveway he parked the car before getting back out and opening up the back door and picking Luke up in his arms and carrying him inside the house where he and Alex would disinfect and bandage his bite. Looking up the staircase he smiled as he saw Alex watching him as he carried Luke in and placed him on the black leather couch as Alex ran down to see the newest member of his pack.