Chapter 4

Dylan and Tripp came in and washed their hands before sitting down in their chairs and watched as they daddies brought out their sandwiches and carrot sticks. They had played really hard and were starving as they picked up half of their sandwich and started eating happily as there daddies ate their food as well. Valen looked over at his son and smiled at him before asking “Dylan I have a question for you? Why were you living on the streets by yourself?”He asked him hoping the child would answer him as he and Alex were very curious to know why a six year old child would be living alone like he was. Dylan looked at his new dad for a minute before setting down his sandwich and looks down at his lap before answering him in a sad voice “I ran away from my abusive parents daddy they never loved me and would hit me all the time so I decided to run away and find a nice family to take me in. but no one wanted me until you saved me the other night.” He looked up at his new daddy after saying this with tears in his eyes and started to sob as he thought back to his old family who hated him just for being born. Valen looked at his son shocked and repulsed that a parent let alone two would hurt an innocent child like that as children were meant to be cherished and loved no matter what. Reaching down he picked Dylan up and pulled him onto his lap letting him cry into his shoulder as he rubbed his back and said soothing words to him as the little boy cried himself to sleep. Alex looked at his friend with the same look of fury on his face as Tripp finished his lunch and looked at his new friend with sadness in his eyes. He knew how it was to be unwanted by your family but at least his had never hit him just left him in an alley and ran away.

Valen stood up from his chair holding Dylan in his arms and turned to his friend and Beta “I’m going to lay him down in his bed for his nap and stay with him we’ll finish our work when  they boys wake up okay?”He asked his friend as Dylan sniffled in his sleep with his daddy’s shirt in a death grip. Alex nodded to his friend as he stood up as well and took Tripp’s hand before answering his friend in a understanding tone “Of course my friend your son needs you right now I’ll put Tripp down then wash the dishes you stay with Dylan and make sure he is okay.” Valen smiled at his Beta before heading upstairs and into Dylan’s new room laying his son on the bed and removing his shoes before covering him with his blanket. As Valen looked down at his child he vowed that this child would never feel unloved again even when he was being punished for misbehaving he would always know that he was loved. He lay down next to him and wiped the dried tears from his face while saying to him “no matter what my son I will never leave you.” Valen closed his eyes as he napped with his son showing that he would be there for him when he woke up.