♟Gold, Glitter, & Games♟

♞♘♞♘

 A soft knock to my bedroom door woke me from my light doze. I slowly sat up, the dark curtains were drawn but a small stream of white sunlight made a path across the carpeted floor."Goodmorning m'lady!" it was Mey Rin on the other side of the door and she slowly opened the door, peaking around to make sure I was decent. i chuckled and stretched, slowly rolling out of the bed, wiggling my toes on the soft carpet.

"Morning Mey Rin! What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes slowly. She laughed.

"Tis quarter till 8, m'lady. The Master would like to see you for breakfast." I nodded as she put a cup of tea beside my bed, clumsily tripping her way to draw the curtains. I giggled, slumping my back slightly and she shot me a nervous look.

"Still not used to company staying over, I will have to get used to that, yes?" she smiled, her thick framed glasses catching the sunlight as it streamed in through the now opened window. I shut my eyes against the bright sunshine, turning to  glanced at the half opened door. A curious servant quickly retreated away from the door and I heard his footsteps down the hall. Mey Rin looked up and narrowed her eyes.

"Who was that?"

"I don't know, he was short, blonde, a couple hair clips..."

"Oh yes, that is Finny! Careful around him. He is sensitive but stronger than any of us, yes he is!" she smiled and opened my armoire, pulling out a plain, light green dress.

"Let me guess, that will make my dark green eyes sparkle?" I joked. Her face went serious.

"Tis true m'lady, your dark eyes need to shine more...but I suppose it tis the sadness from the past that reviels pain..."

I straightened my back and averted my eyes from her and the dress. I felt the tension rise and she opened her mouth to say something, but merely bowed, hung the dress on a coat hanger beside the armoire, slowly backing away to the door.

"I over stepped my boundries m'lady, I do appologize." she said and left the room quickly, leaving the door cracked open. I sighed and slowly walked toward the vanity set, washing my face in the fresh bowl of water Mey Rin must have poured in before I woke.

My past, so riddled with pain and scars, I began to cry, tears dropping into the bowl. No one ever found out who murdered my family...yet somehow I knew it wasn't an accident. I turned my arm over and rolled up my sleeve. My left arm had a scar from the fire. I brushed my fingers along it...it'd been a year yet the scar tissue hadn't left me.

The light of a candle appeared in the mirror and I looked up to see Sebastian in my doorway. I hastily covered my arm and turned toward the door.

He was gone.

♞♘♞♘

I sipped at my tea as Ciel and I planned out our week. He had some investigations to do for Queen Victoria, but between jobs, and meetings with Lau and Ran-Mou, he promised that we'd go on a long carraige ride around London. I missed the city but even so, the manor felt strangely like home already.

"Lizzie is stopping by this afternoon." said Ciel. I grinned and clasped my hands together.

"That is exciting, I miss her so!" I replied. Ciel sighed and glanced at his tea cup.