♟Fallen Pawn♟

♞♘♞♘

My carraige slowly drove up the road toward the Phantomhive's manor. I nervously observed the surrounding landscape. It's been three years since I left and nothing seemed differant, it was all the same as if I had just dreamed of my time in America and never left.

A quick, involuntary glance as the empty seats next to me made me realize it was never a dream, but a horrible nightmare come to life. I quickly brushed and blinked away the tears that threatend to fall from my eyes. It was bad enough that I was going to move in with Ciel with barely any money or anything to call my own....I didn't need tears streaking down my face to make myself even more pathetic than my current state.

The carraige slowed down and my stomach did a flip. The manor was bigger than I remember as I ducked to look at the height of it.

"There you go, madam." said the footman as he opened the carraige door. I smiled politely and carefully stepped down.

"Thank you kind sir" I said and handed him a few coins. The manor door opened and a smallish servant, with orangish gold hair, grinned and waved, running around the back of the carraige to get my satchel. I stepped out of the way as the carraige rolled away and I suddenly felt trapped. My only tie to the city was that carraige and now it was leaving. Looking back at the manor, I grinned, seeing Ciel standing on the steps. He wasn't smiling, or showing any emotion to be honest. A black eye-patch covered his right eye but his left eye was bright blue, like glass but bold as ever.

"Lord Phantomhive! It's been so long since we spoke in person." I said enthusiastically, curtsying to him. He bowed slightly and took my hand, kissing it gently.

"Miss Blackwood, and yes, too long perhaps" he said, a hint of a smile lighting his eye with a moment of joy. I laughed anxiously.

"Oh please, it's Millie to you, you know that." I said and he rolled his eye in sarcasm.

"Thank goodness, all those frilly titles bore me. Call me Ciel, I rather fancy it with family." he said, turning, we went up the steps and into the manor. A tall, pale butler smirked at me and bowed his head. I curtsied and walked along with Ciel.

"Sebastian, tea at my study, and do tell Mey Rin to show Millie to her room." Ciel nodded to the butler and he graciously bowed.

"Yes, my lord." he said and turned quickly. Ciel waited for a few minutes before a maid, thin, and with large round glasses smiled while rushing around a corner.

"Oh my lady, you must be Lord Phantomhive's cousin, Miss Blackwood, yes?" she grinned and curtsied clumsily before leading me up the stairs and down the hallway.

"Why yes, I am Millie Blackwood, you must be Mey Rin?" I asked and she turned her head nodding but tripped on the rug. I caught her arm and she laughed nervously.

"I'm quite clumsy, yes?"

"It happens to the best of us." I replied and she opened a door on the right of the hall. I stood in the doorway, in pleasant surprise as I gazed around the room, "It's beautiful Mey Rin, thank you."

"Oh please, don't thank me, it twas the Master's idea, yes it was!" she exclaimed and pointed to my satchel that sat beside the glorious 4 poster bed, made of white oak, looking sturdy but elegant all at the same time. Dark red curtains hung in the cieling high windows and the walls were painted an intrigueing yet somehow cheery greyish blue. tiny cornflowers were painted in arrow straight lines on the vanity mirror's gold frame. I slowly entered the room and twirled slowly.