Once Upon a Nightmare (Vampire Teacher/Student) 10

-Chapter 10-

I lay on what could be the softest bed in the world. Has my bed always been this soft? A buzzing sound causes reality to crash down on me. I’m not in my room, I don’t know where I am. I could be in some cheap hotel with some stranger, but as I look around I realize it looks like a normal bedroom. 

As I try to think back to last night, I am interrupted by the buzz of my phone. “Mom?” 

“ANNA! Anna, sweetie! I’ve been worried sick! Where are you?”

“I’m sorry, I-I wanted to go out. I’m O.K. I am at a hotel,” I lie. 

“When will you be home?”

I look at the digital clock on the nightstand, 10:45. “I’ll be home late afternoon,” I promise. 

“See you then.” 

I put my phone back on the nightstand and as I look down at what I’m wearing I realize my dress is almost completely taken off. As I put it back on I try to remember where I am or how I got here. The door opens and I let out a scream in shock, and fall off the bed. 

A deep chuckle makes me instantly realize where I am. This is Mr. Thomas’ house. “Good morning to you too.” 

“Mr. Thomas-”

“Call me Michael.” 

“Michael, how did I end up here, but I am guessing you let me get drunk... I’m not sure if I should be angry or really angry?” 

“You did get drunk, but as soon as I realized you might draw attention to us, I brought you here. I knew I couldn’t bring you home without raising questions. Then, you um...”

“What did I do?” I groan. “Why was I almost half naked?”

“You tried to seduce me,” He smirks. “After all I couldn’t refuse, you wouldn’t let me. You got mad when I did. So if you notice how purple your hand is you will be able to believe I honestly tried to control you.”

I look at my hand which is an ugly purple, blue and black mix, with embarrassment, “Sorry!” 

He laughs, “I eventually got you to stop and you feel asleep.”

“Good thing... I guess.”

“You want breakfast?” He stands up. I realize that he is shirtless, exposing all his muscles, it sidetracks me. 

“Sure,” I answer, half paying attention to the question. 

I try to imagine me trying to seduce him. I must have been really drunk because I can’t see myself having done that. As I slowly wake up, I begin to realize I am at a vampire’s house. I got drunk, trusting a vampire. And I tried to seduce the vampire. 

After breakfast, he allows me to use his shower and I borrow a white T-shirt of his and shorts. In the mirror, I look to see if I have any vampire bites. And to my relief there are none. Maybe I can trust him, but I am still not letting him know I know that he is a vampire. 

I take a quick shower and his shampoo smells just like him - a cherry blossom flowers. I dry my hair and body. His clothes are slightly big on me, but are the only thing besides my dress. 

I find him lounging on the couch still without a shirt. “Don’t you own a shirt?” 

“I do, but it’s my house so I don’t need one. Besides, you seemed to like it last night,” He teased. 

I felt my cheeks becoming tomato red which made him laugh more. He gestured for me to sit next to him. We watch TV and I occasionally look around the room. He had a piano in one corner, a bass near it, and a clarinet case next to that. It makes me wonder how good he is at playing music. 

On the other side of the room is the door the kitchen and a bookshelf. I don’t know if I’m crazy, but I see the ‘All About Vampires’ book there. I ignore it and turn my attention back to the TV. 

“How old are you, Michael?” 

“What?” He looks confused by my abrupt question.

“Well you seem to know a lot about me, I’m curious.”

“I would say I’m about 22.”

“You would say?” I ask skeptically. 

“I am.” 

“Do you have any siblings?”

“I have a younger sister named Isabel, she is kind of annoying.”

“All younger siblings are,” I chuckle. “Speaking of which, I told my mother I’d be home by late noon.”

“I’ll drive you, your mom might want to know why your car is still home.”

“What do I tell her?”

“You got a ride from a friend, and a taxi gave you a ride back,” He suggests. 

I nod and go into his room to change back into my own clothes. As we both get into the car I say, “Thanks for tolerating me and letting me stay here.”

“You weren’t that bad,” He teased.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Please vote and share if you like this!