Once Upon a Nightmare (Vampire Teacher/Student) 6

-Chapter 6-

Next morning, I get to school early so I don’t have to worry about being harassed in the hallway, but I guess I can never escape that. As I am more than halfway to my locker, Mr. Thomas blocks my way asking, “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?” 

“Calm down. I don’t know what you are talking about, but my life shouldn’t be any of your business.” 

His pupils are bigger than normal, covering up his bright blue irises. Does that normally happen to angry people or is he high? “As a teacher I’ve made it my business. Why would you do that with someone who isn’t good for you?!” 

“Do what with who?! You sound like my mother!”

“Some people aren’t good for you.”

I narrow my eyes at him and gasp, “You’re talking about Luke.”

He looks shocked that it was obvious and continues, “He’s going to hurt you. I know you don’t want to trust me, but-”

“Like hell I would! You just told me I shouldn’t see someone, who are you to say that?! I wouldn’t trust your opinion ever!” I storm off, prepared to hurt someone. 

___________________________________________________________

After school, Luke finds me at my locker. “Hey, Anna!” 

“Hi,” I mumble.

“What’s wrong?” He gives me a cute frown. 

“I’m not having the best day,” I sigh and close my locker looking into his big, puppy dog brown eyes. “I’m guessing your day was great?”

“It is now, that I get to take a pretty girl to the movies,” He winks. “We’ll take my car, I’ll pick you up in a half hour.” 

I nod and he pecks my lips before going for his car. My scar is burning, but I don’t really care. Mr. Thomas is a jerk. He’s never been nice, not that anyone really ever has, but the only time I’ve spent with him is in the detention he granted me. The only bad thing was if he was a vampire than I had an angry vampire who could probably find and kill me. Hopefully he wasn’t that mad at me.

It took me only twenty minutes to change and fix my makeup. I had on my favorite dark skinny jeans, a silver sequin tank top, and silver flats with big bows near my toes. I brush my hair before I hear a car horn from my driveway. 

I walked out to see Luke waiting in his car, I got in the passenger seat and he gave me a quick kiss, “Are you okay now?” 

“I’m great,” I tell him quietly. We make small talk on the drive to the theater. 

We buy some soda and popcorn and get in the theater just in time for the movie to start, we made sure to get just late enough so we didn’t have to endure the never ending trailers. Luke decided to sit through a cute romantic comedy and even though it wasn’t really my thing, I enjoyed it... well the parts he wasn’t distracting me from. 

On the drive to my house we play twenty questions. 

“Do you having any siblings?” I ask.

“Two older sisters, who are in college,” He answers. “Your favorite color?”

“It’s a tie between purple and brown.”

“Brown?” He wrinkles his nose. 

“Yes,” I laugh. “What’s your favorite movie?”

“Easy. Star Wars,” He grins. “What about yours?”

“My Little Pony-”

He gives me a look, “Seriously?!”

I giggle, “No! It’s Anastasia. How about... your favorite sport?”

“Track. You’re favorite... food?”

“Obviously chocolate ice cream,” I grin. “How many times have you moved?”

We continued asking each other questions until he pulled up into my driveway. He walked with me to the door and asked, “What are you doing on Saturday?”

“Nothing, why?”

“Would you like to come to my family’s annual masquerade party?” He asks. 

“Sure,” I grin. 

“I’ll tell you more tomorrow,” He grins and kisses me before I go inside. My mother and Mark are visiting my dad so I go to my room silently. 

I grab my journal and begin a new entry: 

Today was so-so. To make my morning awful, my ‘thinks-he-is-hot-shit’ teacher, Mr. Thomas, stops me in the hallway and thinks he has the right to tell me who I can and can’t date. What an ass! My day got better when I had my date with Luke. We went to see a romantic comedy, he is so sweet and nice and wonderful. What does Mr. Thomas know? Luke is a wonderful guy. I’m going to his masquerade party, maybe I could use that Anastasia ball gown Halloween costume from my Sophomore year and decorate a mask to go with it.

______________________________________________

vote and share!