Chapter 9

DeaShaun sat alone in his room. It had been a few days since Mark was put in a coma and he visited him everyday. Their court date was tomorrow and he just didn't want to go and find out the verdict without Mark.

His phone rang and he answered, "Yo?"

"Mark is awake!" Julie and Lucas screamed through the phone.

He bolted up, "What?!"

Lucas spoke really fast, "Yea, we are at the hospital and he just started moving. Now he is awake hurry down here!" Then he was off the phone.

DeaShaun rushed outside to his car and drove off. As he arrived he saw Fred's car. "What is that white bitcvh doing here?" he said out loud as he ran in.

When he made it ti Mark's room he saw some whtie people, his friends, and Fred. he bypassed them and grabbed Mark's bed. "Mark?"

Dante pulled him back, "Give him air."

Emma hugged DeaShaun tight, he wrapped his arms around her skinny waist and carried her over to sit down. they all watched as the doctor worked on getting him air.

"Can you speak now Mark?" the doctor asked.

He turned his head slowly and stopped when he saw his friends. He smiled at Dante, "Hey my nigga where my weed at?" Everyone laughed and Mark gave a weak smile.

The doctor patted him on the shoulder, "Now you are going to have to hold back on weed."

The spent the night laughing and the white people laughed and even Fred was behaving. the night was fun but Mark was still weak and still had a low survival rate.

When everyone departed and went home Dante held Emma's hand and walked her to her car, "I'm glad Mark is awake." She said as she gazed at him.

"Me too," smiled.

She stood on her tip toes and kissed him gently.

He fell into the kiss and it took a while before they realized Emma's father was in the car.

As he was chased he went home and sleep soundly knowing his friend was better.

He dreamt about was tomorrow was to bring.