Chapter 1

The Player Bet1

Here we go, new story!!!! I will try to update often, and I hope I can get some votes on this story??? ;) The more I get the sooner I update ^_^

Okay here we go hope you like it!

All rights reserved :)

--------CHAPTER 1---------

"Forty three," I counted, steadily placing the card on the mansion my card house was soon to become. There was nothing like building a card house, though it was frustrating I had a good sense of balance.

"God dammit your almost done," David grumbled, sulking on the couch. We had made a bet that I couldn't stack all fifty two cards into a house. Free ice cream, here I come.

"You should have known I would win," I said smirking, not taking my focus off the cards.

"I really should stop making bets with you, but I MUST BEAT ALYSSA DANIELS," he shouted the last part and I shushed him angrily when my mansion began to wobble. I guess it wasn't a mansion, but I liked to imagine it was.

"David of you knock my beautiful creation over I'm still getting that ice cream!" I told him, placing card number fifty one and fifty two together in a tipi. Slowly taking my hands off, I cringed when it wobbled. The house held its shape and I jumped in victory, fist pumping.

"Fine, I guess I owe you some ice cream then," he said sighing. I just beamed at him and he chuckled, shaking his head as he grabbed his coat and keys.

David was my best friend, and had been since we were five. At seventeen, we had spent a good twelve years together, constantly making bets with each other that 90% of the time I would win. He looked back at me, flipping his light brown hair out of his soft brown eyes. He was good looking, and had gone through several girlfriends while I had dated twice.

"We need to change the prize. Sooner or later all that ice cream will catch up to us," he told me and I cringed, realizing he was right. We would figure out something to argue over sooner or later, which meant we would need a new prize for the winner.

David and I climbed into his sleek black car, which I had no clue what it was. I wasn't into cars, more into the arts, especially drama. I had always planned on being an actress. I smiled to myself, thinking of all the possibilities.

"Alyssa," I heard and looked over to David. We were already at the ice cream place. I looked up shocked, as normal. I tended to get distracted in the car.

We got out, walking to the door while I skipped and whistled, much to David's amusement.

I ordered strawberry, my favorite ice cream flavor. It was one of those places you could choose your ice cream, then toppings. I piled gummy bears on top, licking my lips. David hadn't grabbed any ice cream. Knowing him he wanted to stay 'fit' for the ladies. We sat down at a table in the corner, and I happily ate my winning ice cream.

"How come you always manage to win?" David asked me, frowning at his nearly empty wallet.

"I'm a ninja," I told him smiling. He just rolled his eyes and pushed his hair out of his eyes again. Hearing some giggling girls at the other side of the room, I looked over to see Blake Richards, the biggest player in our school. He had his arms around two girls, taking turns kissing either one.

"That is disgusting," I muttered.

"I agree. I don't understand how girls still go after him," David added, shaking his head in disapproval.

"They all want to be the girl who changes the player," I told him and he raised an eyebrow at me. "And maybe because he's a little attractive," I admitted looking back over to Blake. He had extrodinary eyes. They were a mix of blues, greens and purples, blending into each other. They were gorgeous i had to admit. They were matched with with jet black hair that made his eyes stand out even more. Also, he was a football player, which for some reason always was a major turn on. Add on the rich daddy and he collected girls like ants collected food scraps.

"I bet you want to settle him down too," David said, smirking at me when he saw me checking Blake out.

"Do not. I could if I wanted too but he's not my type," I said sticking my chin up.

"Oh really?"

"Yes," I said, realizing where this was going. David was going to dare me to--he cut my thought off.

"I bet you can't make Blake Richards fall in love with you by the annual Winter dance," he said, filling out my fear.

Could I do this? Would I do this? Would I get involved in a player who dropped girls as fast as he picked them up? I thought for a minute realizing the satisfaction David would have if I didn't. I didn't like losing. I wasn't going to lose. I realized that I would either have to admit defeat, or go after a guy who, if I got involved with enough, could break my heart as much as the other guys I dated had. I sighed.

"It's a bet."

------A/N------

So how'd you like it???? Give feedback please! Comment and/or vote??? I will try to make my chapters longer, this is just a starter.

Voting takes literally two seconds!!! Please :D

Okay bye, stick around!

-Naomi