Chapter 16

Take the time to vote. It gives me more motivation to write more chapters and longer ones at that.

VOTE PLS BBS.

Pleasaassse

--------Chapter 16----------

She was standing at the door of the hallway when I walked in. Her hair was long and wavy, a dark brown color than was almost black with a few blond highlights here and there. This girl was absolutely stunning and I had to admit I was slightly jealous. She had soft, almond shaped eyes and thick long eyelashes. Her skin was flawless and tanned an her teeth were perfectly straight and white. This was going to be a serious issue in the bet, and the humiliation of Blake.

I watched as she let out a sweet sounding laugh, grinning at Blake who was smirking at her. I never understood why they always appointed the popular kids to show a new student around. It usually also happened to be a bad student who had a reputation as a slut or was overly "friendly" with such things as alcohol or drugs.

I remembered last year when a new student had come, a girl who seemed undoubtedly concerned about her school work and was a very motivated student. She and I had talked a few times and she was more than nice, near the beginning. However, she had been introduced by one of the more popular girls at our school, Stephanie Howard, who had sent the girl with a bright future completely off track. She got into drugs and ended up dropping out of school after she got pregnant.

I frowned.

It was all the schools fault in a way. I mean if she hadn't been shown around the school by Stephanie I highly doubt she would've been involved with their clique.

Perhaps I could try to convince this new girl, whatever her name was, that avoiding Blake would be a good idea. I highly doubted it would work but it was worth a shot. I mean if you went to a new school and met a seemingly sweet, funny and very attractive guy and some girl you didn't know told you to stay away from him would you listen? I know I probably wouldn't.

"Whose that?" Haley asked as she leaned on the locker beside me. It was a great spot to discreetly assess the new student and I remember how Haley and I had used this tactic to admire new (and very cute) boys who had come to our school freshman year. We had done that a few times throughout Sophomore year too but not as frequently and it had stopped when Haley moved.

"Apparently there's a new girl," I stated and Haley gave me that 'duh' look. I shrugged and went back to watching them intently. I needed a plan to keep her away from Blake so he could focus on me and we could continue our mastermind plan as I liked to call it.

"She's going to completely ruin our plan," Haley said, also watching them. It was like she new exactly what I was thinking. That was what I adored about my best friend. She and I always had the same feelings about people, except for boyfriends of course.

"We need to find a way to keep her away from Blake," I told her and she nodded in agreement. Maybe if we became friends with her she would trust us enough to stay away from Blake. It wasn't as if we were lying to her. He was an awful person.

"Could we tell her about the plan?" Haley asked and I shook my head.

"She could easily tell Blake and that would stop our plan and it's barely even started."

"There must be some way to get to know her or convince her," Haley said.

My eyes shifted from the beautiful girl to the person walking in the doors behind her. Matching hair, dark brown with light blonde highlights only it was cropped short in a messy style. His eyes were a shining green, will full luscious lashes and the same almond shape as the girls. He was taller than Blake and I watched as he walked up in between the girl who was obviously his sister and the angry player who was unhappy he had been interrupted.