Chapter 8: Card Master vs. Mr. Stuffins

• Dedicated to All of you awesome readers!

Chapter 8: Card Master vs. Mr. Stuffins

 “Wake up Alexandra,” a smooth voice breathed into my ear and I groaned, turning fitfully in my sleep. Why was Mr. Stuffins telling me to wake up? We were having so much fun eating honey and drinking purple lemon flavored orange soda!

“Mr. Stuffins, no! We still need to eat! Otherwise you won’t be plump for a snuggle and the witch will take you away!” I groaned, reaching up to touch Mr. Stuffins’ pink fluff. I wrapped my arms around his furry pink hide and pulled. He let out a loud “oomph” as a pulled him beside me on my unicorn. I snuggled with his soft fluff, that was oddly smooth.

“I told you, you should eat more Mr. Stuffins! You’re too hard and smooth to be a good snuggler for the witch!” I scolded him. Suddenly he burst out laughing, or was he crying? Mr. Stuffins really did have a deeper voice than I remembered!

“I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings Mr. Stuffins! Here,” I said, before leaning over to give him a kiss on his fluffy head. But my lip met something hard and hairy instead.

“Wha…”I slowly awake from my slumber, my eyes still hazy from the sleep that was visibly clouding them. Slowly, my vision cleared.

And I screamed.

“OHMYGODWHATTHEHELLAREYOUDOINGYOU-”I continued to let out a long string of profanities-that, for the sake of your innocent minds, I won’t write-as I stared at Jace’s smirking face.

“Well, I guess this means you’re awake Alexandra. Or should I say: Mrs. Stuffins,” he said between bellows of laughter. I noticed where I was. My leg was draped over his body and his head was resting on my arm, uncomfortably close to mine. And judging by the jelled spikes in his hair, I refused to think about what I had just kissed.

…At least it was only his hair…

Damn it! I just thought about it!

“Now, if you wouldn’t mind, get off!” Mr. Stuf-Jace smirked. I huffed and tried to pull away, but his head was still on my arm. Refusing to admit I was stuck, I heaved myself upward and swiftly jerked my arm out from underneath his melon head. Only I forgot about untangling my legs, and instead of making an awesome ninja-like escape, I flipped over and landed on him, my legs now straddling him.

“Okay, don’t get off. If you have something else in mind, I-OOF!” I wiped the suggestive smirk off his face with a swift punch to the gut before jumping off and running to the corner of my room, taking up a fighting stance.

“Why…no…how are you here!?!”

“Well,” he pushed himself up and lounged comfortably on my bed, “your mother let me in as soon as I told her I was taking you on a date. At first she was a little suspicious because you don’t do well with males or something like that, but I won her over. Apparently, I have ‘the face of an angel’ and you’re ‘so lucky to be dating such a charming man’.”

I relaxed a little before tensing up again.

“Date? What date?”

“Don’t you remember? I said I’d pick you up at five for the first mission,” he drawled condescendingly, as if I should have known better than to ask such a stupid question.

“Yeah, but I didn’t know you meant five in the fucking morning!”

He shrugged before lifting himself off the bed in one graceful motion. Making my earlier escape attempt look even more pathetic than it was.

“Too bad. Now wear something nice and meet me downstairs. This is a pretty formal thing, so dress nicely. Perhaps a cocktail dress? And don’t even think of not coming. If you’re not down in 30 minutes, your secret is out,” he mused before strolling out of the door.

I may not be able to get out of this, but I sure as hell wasn’t just going to sit here and let him order me around.

I took a shower and tied my hair into a sloppy ponytail before pulling on some sweats and an oversized t-shirt that read: Dear Algebra, stop asking us to find your x. She’s not coming back.

Satisfied with my…unsatisfying appearance, I pulled on my sneakers and stormed down the stairs.

Jace looked over me, then smiled to himself, making my blood go cold. Why is he smiling? I blatantly disobeyed him!

“I expected as much. I guess it can’t be helped then” he smirked.

“What are you talking about you jerk-off?” I asked. He simply shook his head and motioned behind him. I barely had enough time to scream before the two bodyguards had the chloroform up to my face.

“Oh, hello again Mr. Stuffins,” I drawled gaily before passing out.

***A/N I'M OVER THE FREAKING MOON!!!

Card Master just got 1,000 reads! I'm so happy i could kiss you all! Only...that would be kind of akward... ._.

Still! Thank you thank you thank you! x100! 

This chapter was kind of short, but i'm halfway through the next one. ^_^ (Thank you @DesolantDust for persuading me to post now :D)

Luv yallz!

Aissa <3***