Chapter 6: Card Master vs. Old Age

I really need to pee.

I know it’s not the greatest way to start things off, but it’s true. If I don’t get to a freaking toilet soon, I swear to god my bladder is gonna explode. I fidgeted in the back seat of the car, unfastening my seat-belt as I felt my frustration growing.

“Are we ALMOST there!?”

Austin turned around from where he was sat in the front seat. Brushing his hair out of his eyes he let out a sigh.

“Yes Alex, we’re here. The hotel’s right over there, we just need to pull into the lot. Hold on a sec.”

“To hell with that!”

I flung open the passenger side door and leaped out of the moving car, my mom and Austin’s shouts of protest did nothing to stop me in my quest for a bathroom (although I am glad the car was moving slowly. I could just see the headlines: High School Junior Alexandra Connor jumped out of a car and died due to extreme need to pee).

I bit my lip and sprinted towards the hotel. It was a little farther than I expected, but I couldn’t wait anymore.

Barging through the front door, I ignored the woman at the front desk and searched frantically for the nearest bathroom. My eyes locked on the familiar stick woman and I zoned in on my target. I came closer and froze.

Shit.

Why is it that the women’s bathrooms always have a line!?!

I brifely considered going to the men’s bathroom, when I realised it was on the other side of the hotel. This could not wait.

“GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY BEFORE I PISS ON ALL OF YOU!!!” I screamed manically. It’s amazing how fast girls can run when they feel that their life is in danger. In less than ten seconds everyone had cleared out of my way except for an obnoxious, fat woman whom I shoved aside. Don’t worry about it, she’s fat. I’m sure hitting the floor will hurt a lot less because she bounces!

***

This. Is. HEAVEN!! Now that my manic urge was gone, I returned to normal as I sheepishly exited the bathroom. Woman and girls alike stared at me with fear while the fat woman couldn’t see me (she was too busy trying to get back up. Seriously, am I in a comic book or something!? No one should be THAT fat!).

As I quickly walked out, I caught sight of Austin and my mom standing at the check in counter.

“Alex! What the hell!” Austin yelled in frustration. I shrugged and scratched the back of my neck sheepishly,

“When you gotta go, you gotta go…”

He stared at me for a moment before bursting into a fit of giggles. After a while, I joined in.

“You two! Come on! Our room awaits!” Mom yelled at us playfully, before leading us to the elevator.

Believe it or not, we were on Spring break for a whole week. Usually, with our current…financial state, I would be at home or hanging out with Macy. This year,though, Mom had won a competition for a week at LeGuardia Beachside Hotel.

The elevator door dinged open, pulling me out of my day-dreamy state as a jerked back in surprise and slammed my head on the steel button panel.

“SHIT!”

“Oh god Alex! Are you alright?” Mom was almost instantly by my side, while Austin was too busy laughing his head off. So far, this ‘vacation’ had not been very healthy for me. First my bladder feels like it’s gonna burst, and now my head does.

I groaned angrily as mom led me to the hotel room.

“Now, you just stay here and rest your head. Watch some T.V or something.”

I nodded moodily before plopping myself onto the couch. Austin handed me an ice-pack, not doing a very good job of hiding his obnoxious laughter.

“Shut up,” I mumbled at him, jabbing him in the stomach as I grabbed the ice-pack from his hand and placed it gently on my head.

“Wait…where are you guys going?” I called out in surprise as I noticed Ausin and mom shuffling towards the door.

“To the beach. Duh!” Austin grinned, winking at me before they left.

What a great start to my vacation.

***

"It's hard to look right! At you baby! But here's my number! So call me maybe!!"

"TURN OFF THAT ANNOYING MUSIC BEFORE I HAVE TO TURN IT OFF FOR YOU!!!" I screamed at the group of teenagers outside the hotel window. I heard shouts of protest, but i must've looked pretty menacing seeing as they turned off the music. God. Carly Rae Jepsen should be arrested for creating such a catchy, annoyance-inducing song!

Sighing heavily, I plopped back onto the couch. I was flicking through channels when it finally caught up to me: the throughts I had been so desperately trying to avoid. To be honest, I had completely forgotten about the vacation. It’s fairly obvious that other thoughts were clouding my mind. Images of Jason flashed in my mind.

Why would he even ask me to do something like that?

‘Be his girlfriend’. What kind of cocky, uptight, heartbreaking, psycho was he? Just then it hit me. I had my encounter with Jason for a reason. I was going to confront him about,

“Macy!” I groaned. What was she going to think of all this!? I can’t just go and tell her: ‘Hey Mace! I love your shoes! By the way, I’m now dating the guy who broke your heart. It wasn’t my decision though, he tied me up and forced me to. So…yeah. Can you pass the salt?’

Macy was going to hate me when this was over.

My head throbbed painfully, and I moaned in agony. God, I feel like an old woman deciding on retirement plans! This is not how a 16 year old should feel on a regular basis.

I sighed in defeat as I mumbled to myself,

“I have no idea what to do”

***A/N Hey! So this is kind of a filler chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it all the same. ^_^ 

Seriously though, what is it with the lines in bathrooms! They just peeve me.    -_-' Here's a fun idea. Leave a comment telling me what peeves you! Also, tell me another so-catchy-that-it's-annoying song. ;) Call me maybe is at the side XD

Vote, Comment, and Fan!

Aissa <3***