Chapter 1: Card Master vs. The Locker

I twirled my lock around for the fifth time. My stupid combo wouldn’t work!

“3-38-1!”

Again, it wouldn’t work. I was not in a good mood today, and this stupid lock wasn’t helping.

“I SAID, 3-38-1!!!!”

I screamed at the lock as it refused to work again. Fine, if it really wanted to play tough then I’ll play too. I grabbed the lock with both hands and yanked on it repeatedly with all my might. I could slowly feel it beginning to jiggle, but it still wouldn’t open. I took a few steps back and inspected the door. Time for my judo to come in. With a cry of frustration, I preformed a spinning back kick and slammed my boot into the door. I heard a satisfying crunch as the door gave way and fell off it’s hinges, landing to the ground with a thud.

I could hear the slight gasps of the girls around me as they quickly packed up to go home, a petrified look on their oh-so-innocent faces. Meanwhile, I glared at the red door lying on the floor. Although my locker was open, the lock was still fastened securely onto the door. In my general bad mood, it seemed as if the lock was taunting me. I lost it. I slammed my foot down on the lock with all my strength. Again and again until it finally gave way and the door was a dented heap of red metal.

I smirked down in satisfaction before looking into the locker to get my stuff. Wait…what? All of my things had been replaced with pink, fluffy looking items. I shuddered to myself at how hideous someone had made my locker. Did they have a death wish!?

“MY LOCKER!”

Just as I heard the pitiful cry behind me, I realized my mistake. Quickly I looked down at the remains of the locker door: Locker no.I-87.

God damn it. I was no.I-88!

I regained my composure and looked at the frightened girl behind me. Her face was pale and her eyes were wide as she simply stared in disbelief.

“Your lock is busted. If I were you, I’d get a new one.”

The girl looked at me, fear in her eyes, before quickly grabbing the remains of the door and sprinting off. I quickly walked over to the next locker and twirled in my combo. With a tiny pop, the lock opened and as I pulled the door open slowly a playing card fell out. Just as I bent down to pick it up, a girly cry rang out through the halls as a flurry of pink raced towards me, leapt up and outstretched it’s pink talons, and tackled me.

“ALEEEEEX!!! I haven’t seen you in AGES!”

“Mace, I just saw you at lunch.”

My best friend released me and looked down sadly. Her blonde hair covering the pout on her face,

“Yeah but that was three whole classes ago. Jeez, I hate this new schedule! We have almost no classes together!”

I smiled to myself at the stupidity of my friend before picking up the card. Queen of hearts. I read the back, grimacing slightly at the horrible grammar: Need ur help. Meet me @ the back of da school 2day.

Macy saw it in my hands and pouted again, making her look like someone had grabbed her lip and stretched it out so far that she could no longer put it back in place.

“Aw, you have to go work again? I thought we could go shopping today.”

“Firstly, I’m never gonna go shopping with you. All the pink in your wardrobe would even make a fairy throw up. And secondly, I’m not sure how long it’ll take. Maybe he’ll be a punk and I can finish things quickly.”

“You’re so mean Alex!”

“Thank you. I’ve tried hard to build up my reputation.” I smirked at her as she rolled her eyes, entwining our arms together.

“Well you don’t have to be so mean still. Maybe if you were a nice Card Master, more people would be friends with you.”

“Yeah, I’d rather just have you as a friend. All the girls here are so…”

I shuddered and Macy got my point, smiling at me.

Macy Clayton and I had been best friends since I was little. Yeah, I know, why would the mean, tough, tomboyish delinquent like me be friends with such a bubbly, pink, airheaded blonde like Macy? Well originally it wasn’t that strange. When we first met in kindergarten I had just started learning mixed martial arts and was already the loner of the school, purely by choice. I prefer to be left alone. I was practicing my skills when I saw Macy crying for her mommy around the side of the school. She was really shy and quiet back then, and she was crying so pitifully that I had this strange urge to take care of her. Like if you saw an abandoned puppy at the side of the street. Eventually, she came out of her shell around 6th grade and became more like the Macy I know now, but we still remained best friends despite her…girlyness.

She wasn’t the only one to change however. Ever since I was…well…born, I’ve hated guys. I just hate how they can use girls and throw them away without a care. That’s why I’ve always gone to all girls schools. Just the sight of a guy could repulse me so much that I tended to inflict pain upon so many people that I was expelled. In 7th grade, a new girl in the school (who hadn’t heard about my harsh personality) asked me for help. She had just been cheated on by her boyfriend and really wanted to get back at him. That was the point in my life when I became the ‘Card Master’. The inflictor of pain upon all cheaters, players, and heartbreakers. I never hurt them that badly, just enough that they’ll think twice before cheating on another girl. Now, I have my own little business going. And although people still fear me, they all respect me at the same time.

I unwrapped my arm from Macy’s as we reached the outside of the school.

“’Kay Mace, I gotta go deal with a client.”

“Fine. Text me when you’re done so I can come over. Bye!”

And with that, she skipped off to her car. I sighed to myself again at her air-headed personality before straightening my posture and marching around to the back of the school.

A girl was standing there. Her eyes puffy from tears and her expression tinged with fear as she watched me approach.

“You came,” she whispered. I laughed to myself at how secretive she was being. Everyone knew who I was, there was no need to hide it. But I played along anyway,

“Yeah, so what do you need?”

She sniffed before looking at the ground.

“Well, I was dating this guy. We met through a friend and he was so nice and-”

“Save me the sob story please. Just keep it snappy. Tell me who he is, and what he did. Then pay up and I can get to work.”

“O-okay. His name is Teddy.”

I froze as hatred sunk into my bones,

“Is his name Teddy Benson? He goes to Lincoln Boy’s School? I’m guessing he cheated on you. Am I right?”

“Y-yeah.”

Not him again. I felt my body burn with rage. The girl seemed to sense it as she quickly shoved ten dollars in my hand and practically ran off.

“I’m coming to get you Benson,” I growled, crumpling the money in my clenched fist before stalking off towards his school.

***A/N Heya! As you can see i've started a new story (no chiz sherlock) and i'm psyched because i finally managed to make my own cover!!! \(^o^)/ Aaaaw yeeeah! Happy dance! The pic is of Alex btw. :)

So what do you guys think of the plot? Vote comment and fan!

Aissa <3***