Chapter 1

Nearly One Year After Aston's Death (Mid-July, 1963):

"Erik! Help!" I scream out as the rusty metal begins to give away beneath my feet. Small pieces of it falling down to the river of white water and rocks 100 feet below.

Someone grasps my wrist and swings me up and over the railing. I land roughly on my side and roll onto my stomach. I look up and see one of the men in the uniforms, a gun in one hand and another strapped to his thigh. He looks down at me, grabs my hair and quickly pulls me up to my feet. He moves his hand to the back of my neck and presses the gun against the side of my head with his other hand. I look forward and see Erik standing with the other men in the same uniforms as my captor.

"Erik?" I say in disbelief.

"A bargain for a bargain." He says to someone behind my captor and I, ignoring me. "Can I go now?"

"Yes, you can go. She will do just fine." I hear the cheery voice of General Landon of the US Army. He steps forward so he's in my view now, and stands beside the man who's still holding the gun to my head.

"What?" I say in disbelief as Erik turns around. "Erik? Erik!" The man holding me captive's grip loosens momentarily. I take advantage of it and lunge forward, grabbing Erik's arm. He stops and turns towards me.

"What are you doing?" I demand. "We've been running from them and now you've-"

"Made a bargain." He interrupts.

"I'm the bargain?!" I shout as two uniformed men grab me, one holding each of my arms. "Erik, please! No!" I struggle against the men, but they don't loosen their grip or anything. I electrocute them and they fall to the ground. I start running. I run past Erik and suddenly I'm stopped by some kind of force. It's jerks me backwards and I stumble back a step. As I step back a step, the same force pushes me down and presses me against the ground on my stomach. I look up at Erik as he stands in front of me.

"Erik...please!" I beg. "Don't do this!"

"I can't live forever like you Elsa. I don't want to spend my years held captive. I don't want to be captive the rest of my life." He turns and walks away.

"I saved your life you bastard!" I shout at him.

He turns back to me as some uniformed men handcuff my hands behind my back.

"Come find me when you're free."

"N-!" I protest to the men. I'm interrupted when one of them stabs a needle into my neck and injects some kind of liquid. A second later, my vision is hazy and suddenly there's two figures of Erik as he walks away. The two figures collide back into one as my vision continues to become more hazy. Then everything's black.