Chapter Two -- Love and Happiness

Melody sat at the modern glass, stainless steel desk putting the finishing touches to a case she's been working on since the beginning of the year. It hadn't been easy working with Felix Mayberry, a conceited NBA player that was convicted of assaulting his bodyguard at a nightclub, and having the confidence that she could get him off with a slap of a hand she couldn't wait to send the over grown brat about his way after collecting her earned coins.

She was dotting the last period of her sentence on paper when a light knock struck her condo's office opened door. Standing 5'6 of feminine toned muscle, Alana, her wife of close to one year, stood in the entrance wearing nothing but a smirk while holding two mugs of Melody's favorite peppermint tea.

Melody sat back in her office chair, taking in the nude, curvy beauty as if it was the first time she's laid eyes on her. Puerto Rican mixed with African-American, a slim figure, and voluptuous breast, Alana was flawless in Melody's eyes and the best part about it she was all hers.

"I made us tea," Alana smiled, coming into the room, her breast talking in jiggles with every step she took in her Louboutin stilettos.

Melody twirled her pen in her fingers with eyes full of lust. "Do you really think I'd rather be tasting tea right now?"

"Maaaybe, maaaybe not" she sang, setting Melody's mug on the desk before coming around to sit on her lap spread eagle. She lifted her arms and rested them on top of Melody's shoulders. Looking down at the love of her life she wondered how could she be so lucky to be married to a woman with the three lucky B's; beauty, brains, and booty.

"What?" Melody questioned softly of her wife's starring, her manicured fingernails planted deeply into the top of Alana's butt cheeks.

"Nothing, baby," she shrugged, leaning down to peck her lips, "I'm just thinking about how lucky I am to have you."

Melody smiled, pushing the soft, black, pin straight hair from Alana's olive toned face. "I'm lucky to have you too, Lana," she admitted from her heart. Thinking about her past issues with her love life, she knew she would have had series of depression from reflecting on her first love. She knew meeting her three years ago was the best thing that could've happened to her.

Alana is not only a attractive woman that can make tea, she's a breadwinner, engrossing thousands of dollars a day from being a successful photographer. She's worked with the hottest celebrities and magazines and take just as much pride in her work as Melody take as being a lawyer. They're both two women who have worked hard to be where they are today.

Trailing her blushing pink stiletto nails from Alana's plump bottom to her full D-cup breast, Melody firmly fondled them before wrapping her tongue around the left erect nipple.

Alana raked her hands through Melody's shoulder length bob mane as she dropped her head back in bliss. The feeling of Melody's tongue on her body always took her to another place and this time was no different. Before long, her clit became overly sensitive and began to pulse as Melody nibbled on one breast to the next. Just the simple friction from Melody's fitted jeans turned her on, and without her control she began to slowly grind her hips.

Always being very observant, Melody quickly noticed and felt Alana's movements as her pants rapidly became moist from it. She knew her girl was beyond ready, and she was beyond ready to feast on her like a wild lion tearing into its prey.

"Meeeeel," Alana moaned, lifting her head to introduce her fingers to the pulse between her legs, but before she could Melody flung her hand away and pushed her body down flat onto the surface of the glass desk.

Mentally pulling out her fork and knife, she moved her body from the chair to drop to her knees, but before she could her cell phone that was right beside Alana rung.

Seconds passed and Alana began to wonder what was the hold up. She lifted her body using her elbows and saw Melody with her ringing phone in her hands.

"Baby, ignore it," she whined.

Melody shook her head while touching the answer key on her phone. "It's my sister," she told her wife, guiding the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Ugh! You've got to be kidding me!" Alana complained, rising her body from the table to leave.

When she stood, Melody grabbed her hand, "Alana--" But pissed, Alana snatched away and stormed out of the room.

"If that bitch ain't spoiled, I don't know what is," Harmony, Melody's twin sister spoke into the phone.

Melody sighed and dropped her head in her hands. "What have I told you about calling her out of her name, Harm? And she's not spoiled she just wants my attention."

"Spoiled bitches love attention," Harmony laughed before growing serious again. "I don't see why you with her anyway. Chloe would never--"

"Harmony!" Melody shouted abruptly, "Damn, why do you always have to bring up her name?"

"Because y'all belong together!" she stressed, "I know you're married n'shit but she was your first love. You can't tell me you don't think about her sometimes."

Melody began to massage her temple with her free hand, feeling a headache coming on. Her sister has been trying to get her back with her first girlfriend since the beginning of their nasty break up, but to no avail. The women had dated in their mid to late teens a few years ago, but obviously the two didn't work out. Chloe had motherly issues and felt the need to always have close companionship so when Melody got ready to leave for college Chloe tried everything she could think of to stop her. It broke Melody's heart on the day she left and the girls promised to keep a long distance relationship. It only lasted 6 months before Chloe started secretly seeing Brandon, her current boyfriend, again.

Melody exhaled the past from her brain before speaking into her phone, "I know you didn't call all the way from Mississippi to talk about that, Harm, what's really up? And where's my nephew?"

"He's running around here somewhere with Karly's girls," she informed, referring to their big sister's twin girls. "They miss you and Chloe. I heard you two doing it big in the ATL."

Melody rolled her eyes. "I can't speak for everyone, but I'm comfortable."

They may live in the same city but she haven't seen or heard of Chloe, and frankly she'd like to keep it that way. Harmony told her she was living like the next Jay and Beyonce with her rapper boo, so Melody definitely had moved on with her life.

"Well that's good, Mel. I really am proud of you, we all are," Harmony spoke genuinely as the sound of laughing children began to fill her background.

"I know," Melody smiled for the first time while on the phone, "Thank you, sis."

"No problem, look I have to go and I know you don't want to hear this, but... give her a call, Mel. I know she says she's doing really good, but I just have this feeling that--"

Melody exhaled in frustration. "Bye, Harmony."

"Mel--"

She hung up in her twin's face, slid her phone across the glass, and dropped her head in her hands. Why her sister couldn't let her live without her was beyond her. If Chloe could be happy, why couldn't she?

Pushing her issues to the back of her mind, she stood from her chair and went to face her wife.