My Amazing Spider-Man

** So after watching the amazing spider-man movie I decided to go for it, and write a story of my own. I hope you read, vote and support this story. It may not be that great, but I hope you do like it. I like it. So please support and thanks to all the grateful readers. **

Chapter 1 ** beaten **

Bethany's POV

My arms were bruised, my legs were weak, my life was ruined. All it took was one look, one word or one sudden movement that provoked my mother. She had beat me once again, she had beaten nearly all the life out of me. Mom was never like this at first. She used to be such a kind, fun, loving, sweet, lady. That was, until the accident, being my fathers murder happened. It was supposed to be just like any other day, well, besides the fact it was their anniversary. Anyways, my father was at work, since he hadn't been able to get the day off. At one moment during his shift, a violent wanted criminal broke into the bakery. This is what ended my mothers life. Now present thing was, she blames me. She blames me for fathers death.

The truth is, I suffer his loss as much as her. Maybe more. But I guess she doesn't understand.

I slumped on the bed. A bed. At least that's what I call it. Although when I first was introduced to it, it looked more like a small round table, that shook every time you even touched it. It had a thin sheet placed over it and a pail shabby pillow. My mom had placed me in this room, about a month ago. Actually this wasn't even a room. It was the attic. A cold damp hell. Of course it was big. Larger than my former room. But this place gave me the goosebumps.

Everything was dark, making the exception of the bed and the small stool next to the window. When the sun came out, it vanished the darkness in almost half the attic. I only stay where the light shines.

This is my mothers doing. Hate can change someone. Especially if they lose someone as well.

Today mom sent me dog biscuits. That's how cruel she is. She thinks I'm a stupid animal. I throw the plate on the other side of the attic. A loud crashing sound, mixed with pieces of porcelain rolling down the wooden floor could be heard. Suddenly a soft yelp springs out before it all became quiet. Soon I hear it again, and I try to decipher it, but it's unlike anything I have ever heard before. The yelping was squeaky, not likely to be human, but it was filled with pain. Something I knew all too well.

To my surprise, I did something I had never done before. I quietly walked towards the noise. Of course I wanted to keep away from there, but my heart betrayed me and lead me towards the noise. My hair on my neck, stood on end. My heart raced encouragingly, while my body shook in uneasiness and fear. The small noise broke in alarm, and I stiffened.

My worn out sneakers crunched on porcelain, that was now lying on the wooden floor. Something scurried to my right and I stiffened. Then a low pained yelp approached. I ran from the noise, jumping on the bed, frightened by the unexpected visitor.

Then, something scurried to the light. A kitten. I've only seen them on TV, seriously. The kitten jumped on the bed beside me. It looked harmless. But my mom looked harmless as well. Yet she wasn't. What about this kitten? It had those big dark blue eyes and light brown fur. Slowly I touched it to find a long gash on it's side. I probably hit him with the plate. Oh great, now I'm exactly like my mother. I gently prodded him closer, radiating my heat to his. He was a male, and was still a baby. He probably completed his first year of breathing. What had he been eating? Nervously, I stole a glance at the far end of the attic. Probably mice and nasty food I had thrown away. The kitten purred as I rubbed in between his ears. Suddenly he jumped off my arms and into the dark side of the attic. Now that I had a companion to give me company, I wasn't that scared. That scared.

But I was thrilled to finally use the flashlight that I had kept hidden for a sudden major escape. Before I could go get the hidden flashlight, the door opened and my mom came in, with a bat in her hands and a smug look, plastered on her face.

"Oh no." I whimper.