My Final Confession

(Warning Please Don't Read If You Have Depression Or Suicidal Thoughts)

(Contains The Death Of A Character

Song: When I'm Gone; Eminem

Please take this kind of thing seriously this is actually based off of real events. This is how I lost My Best Friend: Scott Alexander Evan; May his battles with harsh reality be over.

The normally warm and inviting apartment had become eerie and cold. Almost abandoned except for Maka. She lay, unmoving, on her bed staring up at the ceiling listening to music. Blair was working another shift at Chupa Cabra's and Soul... was out.

probably with his girlfriend, or with someone a hell of a lot more interesting than me,

Maka thought with a frown.

She had been feeling very depressed lately. For months she had felt like this but she had mastered the art of deception. So, no one saw through her white lies and fake smiles. No one saw the pain in her eyes or had felt the sadness in her soul.

She wished someone would have noticed. Soul... Tsubaki... Black*Star... Kid... Liz... Patty... Anyone.

But she knew it wasn't their fault, she couldn't blame them only herself. She half thanked and half cursed the fact that someone would find her only after the deed was done.

Silently and gracefully she slips into her desk, pulls out a notebook and her favorite pencil one last time to write her goodbyes.

Once satisfied with her work, she tears out the page, folds it smoothly and slides it into an envelope. With the goodbyes taken care of, Maka saunters into the bathroom and reaches for the medicine cabinet. Pulling out a bottle of sleeping pills she makes her escape back to her room once again, shutting the door quietly behind her and locking it.

She plopped down on her bed and shook out thirteen pills, labeling each of them a reason why. Swallowing them with ease she secures her large headphones and switched to Eminem's When I'm Gone. She had grown up with his music and this song felt disturbingly fitting. For both her situation and her life.

She leans against a pile of pillows waiting for the effects to kick in. fortunately, it didn't take too long when black spots start showing in her vision and her soul starts to flicker like a dying candle; biting into the final inches of the wick. Then the faded blue light goes out. The light from all the corners and creases of her room gather and implode silently with a slight blue hue.

"Maka? Yo, Maka you here?" Soul shouted while walking in the door. The rest of the gang flowed in behind him and noise filled the lonely apartment once again. He spotted her closed door and figured she might be changing.

Soul felt bad for unintentionally ignoring her, but lately, he had felt strange whenever he was around Maka; His heart would beat ten times faster and he couldn't help but blush whenever she did something cute, and he was calling his Meister 'cute' for shinigami sake. So first he asked Liz and Tsubaki, they started just fangirling and squealing about their 'ship' finally being 'canon', so he turned to Kid and Black*Star; Black*Star was pretty much no help whatsoever, but Kid being the wise guy he is, suggested that he might be in love with Maka. Honestly, if someone told Soul a couple months ago that he was in love with his Meister; he would've laughed in their face, but now he might just happily agree.

So with the girl's help, he devised a plan to tell her how he felt. And as uncool as this made him sound he was gonna make it romantic as hell.

He waited a couple seconds before knocking on Maka's door. With no response, he knocked again. After a minute of listening for a response. He knocked once more eyebrow lifting in confusion.