Author's Note

If you remember way back to my first author's note in the prologue, you'll recall I mentioned that this story was inspired by a Tumblr post and a Coldplay song. So, finally, here's your explanations...

TUMBLR TEXT POST: UNUSUAL DATE IDEAS

I came across this interesting text post a little over a year ago on Tumblr, and I decided to use it as inspiration for a story. Word for word, here's the post. And sorry, but I don't know who the creator is or whatever. I used most of these ideas for objectives on Yellow's bucket list, although I sometimes included my own variations. Anything Leo and Jo did is highlighted in bold.

1. Go on a search for as many good climbing trees as possible; climb as high as you both can in all of them; compile photo evidence. (Used in Chapter 3)

2. Go to a major chain bookstore and leave notes to future readers in copies of your favourite books. (Used in Chapter 6)

3. Have her dressed up as a ghost and him dressed up as Pacman. Walk around town holding hands, and whenever anyone sees you two, pretend to be embarrassed, and run off screaming "wocka wocka wocka."

4. Create photo evidence suggesting that you went on an adventure that didn't really happen.

5. Dress up as superheroes and stop at least one petty crime, i.e. jaywalking, littering.

6. Build forts out of furniture and blankets, and wage war with paper airplanes. (Used in Chapter 9)

7. Try and visit as many people as you can in one night, and turn as many things inside their house upside down as you can without them noticing.

8. Go to the airport and get the cheapest, soonest departing flight to anywhere. Stay there for the weekend. (Used in Chapter 12)

9. Write a piece of fiction together outside at a cafe. Ask strangers for help when you get stuck. (Used in Chapter 5)

10. Dress to the nines, pretend to be married, and test drive every expensive vehicle at an auto dealership.

11. Do the lamest tourist thing in your area that you both have secretly wanted to do forever. Have an unabashed good time. (Used in Chapter 1)

12. In the middle of the night, drive to the beach, so you arrive just as the sun is rising. Have a breakfast picnic, then fall asleep together. Bring a sun umbrella. (Used in Chapter 10)

13. Drive somewhere unknown and have dinner in a city you've never been to with fake names. (Used in Chapter 4)

14. Go to a minor league baseball game under the stars. Tell each other stories about how bad you are at athletics. Randomly cheer for both teams. Eat lots of Cracker Jack. (Used in Chapter 2)

15. Go around the city with sidewalk chalk and doodle on random things. (Used in Chapter 7)

16. Walk around the city and perform short silent plays in front of security cameras.

17. With a camera and a pair of boots, make a photo-log of a day in the life of an invisible man.

18. Walk around the city all night and find a place to eat breakfast at dawn. (Used in Chapter 8)

19. Go to a restaurant and convince the cook to create something completely new for you. (Used in Chapter 4)

20. Rent a movie you've never seen before. Set it on mute and improvise dialogue.

Well, there you have it! And I think the explanation regarding the Coldplay song, Yellow, is pretty straight-forward. I think it relates to Yellow's struggle with cancer and whatnot.

Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it :)

-Jenna