Part 9: She marries Him and they live Happily Ever After-ish

I woke up before Blake. I didn’t know what to do, so I just laid back and started singing to my baby. It was a poem I had written that described my relationship with Blake.

 (A.N. Play the song on the side)

Who wants that perfect love story any way, anyway

Cliché, cliché, cliché, cliché

Who wants that hero love that saves the day, anyway

Cliché, cliché, cliché, cliché

What about the bad guy goes good, yeah

An innocent love un-misunderstood, yeah

Black hour glass, hour glass

Toast to cliché is in a dark past

I don’t care if we on the run,

Baby long as I’m next to you,

And if loving you is a crime,

Tell me why I bring out the best in you-

(A.N. I did not create that song that is a very real and amazing song called On The Run pt. 2 by Queen Bey and Jay-Z)

“You have a beautiful voice, amore,” said Blake in his I-just-woke-up voice. I blushed, not that you could really see it.

“Thank you,” I said, looking down with a smile on my face. He still had the ability to make me feel shy.

Knock. Knock. Knock. Blake looked at me.

“Umm love. I forgot to tell you, but Reverend Green agreed to marry us before we left today. I know it’s not the wedding that you deserve, but once we get away from here, I will give you a wedding fit for a queen. I just thought-” I cut him off with a brief kiss.

“It’s perfect, Blake,” I said. And it was. All I needed was to marry the man I loved; I didn’t need any extra extravagance as long as I had him. He smiled at me and grabbed my hand, leading me out into the front of my church.

Twenty minutes later, I became Mrs. Romeo Blake Montaguelli. After we were pronounced husband and wife, we heard three knocks on the door.

“Open up! We need to search the place for a wanted murderer! If you are housing him, I suggest you give him up immediately or face jail time for harboring a fugitive!” I could hear the voice of the police officer through the door. Reverend Green glanced at us nervously. Go, he mouthed to us, before walking to the door.

 Blake grabbed my hand and we ran to the back to grab our things and escape. We could hear the Reverend in the back ground yelling, “Hold on! I’m old; I can’t walk as fast as I used to. And what is with you banging on the church door like that?! This is God’s house, not a frat house for the boys!”

Blake grabbed our bags, and we walked to an impressive black sports car that was sitting behind the church. He loaded up out bags before looking at me.

“Are you ready for this, amore? Once you get in this car, there’s no turning back,” he asked me. I looked around at the town I called my home for the last eighteen years of my life; the town that I was absolutely miserable in. Then, I looked at Romeo Blake Montaguelli.

                 Sure, he knocked me up then left the next day, but he was able to give me more happiness in the three days I have been with him than I had gotten in my entire eighteen years of life, with my own family. I had nothing left for me here anymore. I had nothing left but him. So yes, I was ready. I was more than ready.

I jumped into the sports car, and he climbed in after me. He looked at me.

“What are you waiting for?” I asked him, “Step on it.” He laughed.

“Your wish is my command, amore.” He put the car in drive and sped off, just as the police officer came out the back door.

“Hey! Get back here!” I could hear him yell. Three minutes later, I could hear the sound of police sirens as they chased us up and down the streets of New York. Blake sped up, maneuvering around and dodging police like a pro.

“Why do I feel like you have done this before?” I asked him amusedly. He just shrugged, and grabbed my hand. He lifted it up and brought it to his mouth, kissing it.

“I love you, il mio sole,” he told me.

“I love you too. And what does that mean?”

“It means, my sun, because my world revolves around you, my love.” I sat back in my seat and smiled.

                So maybe I didn’t get a Cinderella story with a happily ever after ending, but I have never been one to wish for a perfect love story anyway. Being in love has taught me a lot of things. It has taught me love, as well as sacrifice. But, most importantly, it taught me that love is more than just black and white. There are plenty of shades of grey mixed in there too. So regardless of the fact that I didn’t get a fairytale ending, I found my happily ever after. It was him.

                                                                                     THE END