Part 8: They go On The Run

Part 7: They go On the Run.

I arrived at Juliet’s house. I had to dodge all kind of police officers; good thing half of them work for me anyway. I arrived at what I assumed to be her window, only because at the moment she was climbing out of it. She was on the first floor, so she didn’t really have to climb down anything, but I was still worried she or the baby could get hurt, so I walked over to her and picked her up, placing her on the ground. I covered her mouth so she couldn’t scream, then I turned her around, prepared for a struggle.

To my surprise, instead of slapping me and trying to get out of my arms and kill me, she jumped into my arms and kissed me. I was thoroughly confused; shouldn’t she hate me? I mean, I did kill her brother. But, I wasn’t complaining. She broke the kiss.

“I never thought I would see you again, Blake. I am so happy you're here,” she said. I was even more confused at her words.

“But, don’t you hate me for killing your brother? It was an accident, belle, I swear. He was trying to kill me and I guess my instincts just kicked in. I really didn’t mean to, mi rosa, I am so sorry,” I begged her forgiveness. She hugged me.

“I am not mad, my love. Had you not killed him, he would have killed you. I couldn’t bear to lose you, Blake,” she said. I embraced her, and then I pulled her into a passionate kiss. I was so happy.

I got down on one knee. “Marry me, il mio amore. Be mine,” I asked her. 

She screamed, “Yes!” before she kissed me again. I heard a door opening and closing and Juliet was yanked from my arms. She screamed. I looked up to see the face of her so called “fiancé”. He was holding her against the wall by her neck. 

“What are you doing here with him?! He killed your brother! Are you really that much of a slut!” I was furious, I pulled him from Juliet and punched him in the face. The blow knocked him to the ground. I got on him and started delivering blow by blow, before I remembered Juliet. I got off of him to go check on her, but not before I laughed at how he was crying his eyes out on the ground. I kicked him in the head and knocked him unconscious; or dead. I don’t really care which. 

I went over to Juliet, who was on the ground, crying silently. I picked her up in my arms and she hugged my neck.

“Shhhh, cara. It’s ok baby. You're safe now. I won’t let anyone ever hurt you again, amore.” I took her and walked her to the church, undetected. She had fallen asleep in my arms, and I could see a purple bruise forming around her neck. I kissed it.

I walked into the back door of the church, and went straight to the Reverend’s office, where he had set up two cots for me and Juliet. I lay Juliet down and watched her for a while. Then, I went to go find the Reverend. He was in the pews, praying. He looked up when he heard me enter.

“My child, you have arrived. I have heard of a price on your head put there by the Capulets. They are saying that someone of your likeness killed their beloved Tyson. Was it you?” I nodded. I didn’t feel right lying in a church. He sighed.

“Money is of no importance to me, so I will not turn you in. However, I hope you know what you are doing, bringing that girl into a life of crime with a baby on the way.” I looked at him, surprised. How did he know?  He laughed at my expression.

“I know these things, son. Are you sure you are ready for this kind of commitment? Just a month ago you were stuck on Rosalinda. Are you positive that Juliet isn’t just, what you kids refer to as a ‘rebound girl’?” I shook my head.

“Juliet is different. I know that the love I had for Rosalinda is nothing compared to the love I have for Juliet. Juliet is my air; she is the reason that I live. She is my heart; I didn’t know what love really was until I met her. She is my sun; she keeps my entire being feeling warm. I couldn’t be without her. That’s what I came to talk to you about, actually. I want you to marry us.” He looked shocked.

“Are you sure?” he asked me uncertainly.

“Positive. She is the woman who I want to spend the rest of my life with. She is my one and only. I want us to be bound to each other by marriage before we depart. We have a long, dangerous road ahead of us.

“If that is what you want, then I will do it. But, you must leave immediately after the ceremony is performed. You cannot afford any setbacks. Every flight, bus, and train is scheduled back to back, so there is no way that you can be late to any of these, or you will have no means of escape,” he warned. 

“Now, you must sleep, you have a long day ahead of you.” He ushered me off to bed.