Chapter 11

Chapter 11-  Soraya’s POV

*******

A/N: Please don’t hate me for taking long to upload... I only just started a new school my schedule has been all over the place.

Also the new updating schedule for this story is probably going to be once a month now because I’m working on a new story... sorry guys.

*******

The rest of the night for Deloris and I was spent in an uncomfortable silence. To be honest I wasn’t even sure if she was still awake or if she was sleeping.

I didn’t want to admit to her though, but Deloris was right. I was scared.

It was well known to absolutely everyone that Deloris was drop dead gorgeous. Don’t get me wrong I’m not jealous or anything it’s not like I’m that ugly but if you put me next to Deloris... well let’s just say I don’t look so pretty anymore.

Plus Deloris has like so much more experience than me, not that I’m calling my best friend a whore but guy’s seem to like the fact that she’s been around if that makes sense?

Little ‘ole me is still a virgin who hasn’t even had a proper boyfriend yet for pity’s sake!

I suppose to put it simply... I’m just not ready to be rejected by my mate.

I’ve heard all the stories about rejection from your mate. It’s said to be the worst, most painful feeling for a wolf... even worse than being shot with a silver bullet! And that’s saying something because that’s meant to hurt like a bitch!

I guess I’m just not ready for that to happen to me though...

Sighing to myself I realised there was no point in dragging out the argument between Deloris and I.

“Deloris, I’m sorry,” I whispered.

Her deep but gentle snoring in reply told me that she was already asleep but I could’ve sworn I saw her hide a smile before turning over to face the wall.

I decided that seeing as I wasn’t comfortable with Deloris’ plan of seducing Cain, I was going to have to take matters into my own hands and speak to Cain myself.

Glancing to my left to check the time I saw that it was only just gone midnight.

‘The best thing to do would be to call him now then,’ my wolf told me. ‘Dominic will most likely be out with the new pups on a midnight run, this will probably be the only time you can catch Cain alone.’

Deciding that my wolf was probably right I crept slowly out of my bed towards the door, tiptoeing so that I wouldn’t wake Deloris. I knew that if she even had an idea that I was going totally against her she would stop me and eventually persuade me to go with her ‘subtle’ idea instead.

Having successfully managed to manoeuvre my way over to the other side of the room I began the task of edging closer to the door. Just then Deloris sat up suddenly. I held my breath and pressed myself as close to the wall as I could be, praying that she would not remove her night eye patch otherwise she would see me. When Deloris fell back onto the bed and began snoring again I released a slow jagged breath and tiptoed out of the room.

I decided that the basement was probably the safest place to go to make the call as it was fully sound proof and furthest away from my bedroom so Deloris would definitely not hear a thing.

When I reached the kitchen my breath hitched as I remembered all too vividly Cain and I only a few days ago.

******* Cain’s POV

I paced around my room thinking about Soraya. I had been purposefully avoiding her because I knew she wouldn’t like it if I forced her into anything. Besides... I still had Dominic to think about. Lord knows he’s not going to be pleased with Soraya being my mate.

Glancing upwards at the clock I saw it was just gone midnight; Dominic should be back soon. Maybe I should tell Dominic about Soraya as soon as he comes back? To be fair I can’t leave it any longer... Any way he would understand, I mean it’s not like I can pick and choose who my mate is going to be.

I cannot help the decision the moon goddess makes for me. If the roles were reversed I would totally understand where Dominic would be coming from.

“Hiya Barbie, hi ken, you ready Barbie, yeah! I’m a Barbie girl...”

I felt my mobile vibrating in my back pocket and cursed myself silently for not remembering to change my ringtone from what I had to change it to as a dare.

When I checked the caller screen I saw the call was from an unknown number. Curious I answered the call...

“Hello,” I said

“......”

Silence greeted me on the other end of the line and all I could hear was the soft breathing of the person.

“Hello,” I tried again

“Cain?” The voice whispered in reply

“Soraya? Is that you? Why are you calling me on an unknown number?”

“I wasn’t sure if you would pick if you knew it was me...”

“Why wouldn’t I pick up though?”

“Well you have been avoiding me all week so I just assumed...”

“Soraya, you do realise I haven’t been avoiding you because I don’t like you right?”

“Well... why have you been avoiding me then Cain?”

“Because... well... I like you, a lot like I like LIKE you but...”

“Why am I not going to like the sound of this but...?”

“It’s just complicated right now ...”

“So you’re rejecting me Cain?”

“Well-- ”

“CAIN I’M BACK!”

Call disconnected.

******* Soraya’s POV

I stood in shock, holding the phone in my hand for what felt like an age. Had I just been rejected? Had I just been rejected by my mate?

The dial tone sounded like hell in my ears. Even once I had put down the phone, I could still hear the dial tone ringing in my ears.

I wondered back into my room in a daze. Not even bothering to keep the noise down anymore. What did it matter if Deloris woke up? What did anything matter? Because I had just been rejected by my mate, and I honestly felt like I was going to die.

Lying on my bed in foetal position I began to cry. Tears of regret and pain, for a love that I hadn’t even began to experience yet.

And that was how I fell asleep, with my tear stained pillow.

A/N: I’ve decided not to delete the book for now... but I warn you this story needs to undergo some serious editing.

Love, peace and chocolate simply soul x