E I G H T

When she got back to Opie's place a little while later, his motorcycle wasn't in the driveway

When she got back to Opie's place a little while later, his motorcycle wasn't in the driveway. She pulled out her phone to look at the clock and it was almost eleven at night. She called his cell and didn't get an answer.

She made her way across town to the clubhouse, not totally surprised when his bike was parked in the lot. She walked inside, greeting the guys as most of them drank and carried on happily. Jax was in the corner by himself and she sat at the table with him. He looked at her curiously, like he was about to make some smart-ass remark. Before he could, she spoke.

"I'm in love with Opie," she told him, and he looked at her like she'd just told him the most obvious fact imaginable.

"Yeah, and?" he asked, shaking his head slowly, waiting for more information.

"I'm... I want to be with him," she said, and he nodded.

"I know," he said quietly, his eyes gentler.

"I'm gonna... I'm not scared anymore," she said, and he looked surprised.

"You're... not?" he asked, like he didn't quite believe her. She shook her head.

"I'm not," she said, and Jax lit up like it was Christmas morning or something. He smiled widely at her, his eyes sparkling.

"Good," he said, standing. She stood too, pushing herself into his open arms. He hugged her tightly for a moment and then pushed her toward the hallway. "He's in the apartment. He was pretty pissed when he got here, but he's had a little bit to cool down."

She smiled at her brother, turning and making her way down the hall.

As she stood outside the apartment door, she heard sounds she definitely hadn't expected to hear. Her temper flared at once and she threw the door open, her eyes blazing.

Opie was in there, alright, but so was one of the crow-eaters, girls who basically just hung around the clubhouse to try and get fucked by a biker. Her name was Lizzy and she flew off of Opie like he'd just set her on fire.

"Jameson!" Lizzy yelled, clutching at her clothes that she'd scooped up off the floor.

"If you know what's best for you, you'll get the fuck out. Now," Jameson growled, barely even looking at her. She ran out, still mostly naked. Opie sat up in the bed, pulling the sheet up to cover himself and then looking at Jameson blankly. He wasn't surprised she was there. The look on his face told her he'd almost wanted her to walk in on them, and that just made her more angry. She slammed and locked the door Lizzy had just run out of and turned on him.

"Are you fucking kidding?" she snarled, and Opie just looked at her. "Did you really run away after we'd had a fucking argument to fuck a crow eater? Really? Did that really fucking happen or am I in some fucked up alternate universe?" she yelled, and then there was a knock at the door.

"Fuck off!" she screamed in its direction, but then she heard a key in the lock, telling her that Jax was on the other side of the door.

"Gimme your guns and knife," he said quietly, not looking either her or Ope in the eye.

"What?" she asked angrily, and he shrugged.

"I don't want you doing anything stupid because you're angry. Give me them," he said, and she listened, tossing them at him. "I didn't know, for the record," he whispered as he shut the door a moment later. She locked it again, turning back on Opie.

"To be fair, you're the one that ran," he said simply. She could tell he was just as angry as he had been before; he was just concealing it better.

"Yeah, and I came back! I came back to tell you that I love and you and that I was sorry and that I wanted to be together for real you fucking idiot!" she hollered, shaking her head.

She walked to the dresser across the room, taking her appearance in in the old mirror attached to the top of it. She looked positively deranged. She reminded herself a lot of Jax when he was in a similar mood. She punched the mirror, watching as it shattered. Blood pooled out of her knuckles and Opie appeared behind her in a second. He'd pulled on his boxers and was holding a hand towel from the attached bathroom. He reached for her hand and she snatched it away, taking the towel from him and wrapping it around her hand herself.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry. I didn't come here expecting that to happen. I promise I didn't. It just... kind of did. I didn't think you'd come back. Usually it takes you the night to cool off," he said, and she shook her head.

"Yeah, and then what? I was just supposed to ignore the fact that you fucked a crow eater?" she demanded, and he scoffed.

"I've fucked a crow eater plenty of times, Jameson," he told her, and she knew it was true.

"Yeah, but now? Why now? I... things were different between us and you know it," she said, and he nodded.

"I know. I was just so fucking angry. It's not an excuse, but it's the truth. I was so mad at you, James. I was so mad that you couldn't just fucking let me in. I've been trying so long, and it just... gets old. You have to understand that," he said, sitting down heavily on the end of the bed. She nodded, sitting on the floor in front of him.

"I know," she said quietly, tears welling in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Ope. I'm sorry I've fucked around with my own bullshit all these years acting like it was the club's fault when it was really just me being scared to let myself be happy," she said, tears pouring freely down her cheeks. Opie slipped off of the bed, sitting in front of her on the floor. He reached for her and she moved to him, crawling into his lap. He held her while she cried, tracing circles on one of her arms with his pointer finger.

"I love you," he whispered when she'd stopped crying, kissing the top of her head.

"I love you too," she told him, her still-wet eyes glistening.

"I'm sorry I fucked a crow eater."

"I'm sorry I've been such a shit head."

"Let's do this thing, Jameson. I want to be with you for real. Not just casually fucking sometimes, not just having moments when no one else is around."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

Instead of answering, she leaned up to catch him in a passionate kiss. She pulled away a second later, her lips still lingering on his.

"Okay," she whispered, smiling at him.

•••••

a/n: the end! i know it's kind of a fast ending but i really just wanted it to be happy. thanks for reading! 💜