T W O

"There ain't no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to say it

"There ain't no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to say it. Someone sent us another death threat on Jameson," Clay said, straight to the point. He watched for her reaction, but she didn't have one. It wasn't the first time someone had threatened her. Plenty of members from other clubs and even just different chapters of the Sons didn't approve of the fact that they'd patched in a girl, even though she was the daughter of one of the founding members.

"Who?" Jax asked, his tone concerned in the way it always was when this happened. She'd been a member of the club for almost ten years, and she probably averaged a couple death threats a year. They never panned out; she'd never even really been confronted to her face. But still, every single time Jax acted like it was top priority problem. He tended to be just a tad overprotective. She smirked, shaking her head.

"The fuck does it matter, huh? Y'know damn well nobody's actually coming after me," she said to him and he gave her a dirty look and then focused back on Clay.

"We don't know who it was, but I've gotta admit it seems a bit more serious than any others we've gotten. It's a bit more... colorful," he said, and Jameson rolled her eyes as her brother shot her another look. She could feel Opie's eyes on her but didn't turn to look at him.

Clay proceeded to read through a very thorough and detailed threat on Jameson's life. It seemed to be from someone who knew her, and someone who was very upset she'd been patched into the club.

She wasn't sure why so many people seemed to have such a hard time with it; the men in her own club had welcomed her with open arms. She guessed, though, that was probably just because a lot of them had known her most of her life.

"Someone needs to be watching her," Jax said as soon as Clay was done reading. She started to protest, but Clay raised his finger at her to silence her.

"No arguments. Until we get this figured out, you have at least one other member with you at all times, and no more crashing at the empty clubhouse. You stay with your brother or Opie or your mom and me or whoever," Clay said, his voice stern. She knew she didn't have a choice so she nodded slowly.

"Fine," Jameson said, and Clay gave her a staggering look that she knew was supposed to intimidate her. It didn't, though, and she had to force herself not to roll her eyes.

The rest of the club moved on to other topics, talking about other business, and Jameson mostly blocked it out. She knew nothing big was happening currently so none of it was overly important to her.

Mostly, she just wanted to know who the hell had made the death threat. Clay had been right when he'd said it was different from any she'd gotten before. It had been much more personal-sounding, and she wasn't surprised when the first words out of Opie's mouth when everyone but him, Jameson, and Jax cleared from the table were asking her if she thought Isaac was behind it.

"No," she said solidly, shaking her head. "He's fucking terrified of the club after you guys sent him a message a few years back. No way it's him."

"Well either way you're staying with someone, James. No more floating around," Jax told her, and she nodded.

In all reality, she wasn't sure why she spent most nights at the clubhouse. She had an apartment she'd bought years before, but she rarely ever went to it. Not that she'd admit it to anyone, but she hated being alone, and even when the clubhouse was empty it still felt more welcoming to her than a drafty old apartment and kept her a little more calm.

She had a tendency to suffer from pretty severe anxiety attacks, not all that often, but often enough that they scared the shit out of her, so she did everything in her power to try and keep them at bay while also not totally admitting that they existed to anyone around her. The only people that knew about them were Opie and Jax, although she was pretty sure most of the other club members had figured it out as well.

"Okay," she agreed, nodding. Jax nodded back at her, satisfied. He left the room and she finally turned to face Opie. His eyes were soft in way they only ever got when she was around and she longed to dig her face into the warmth of his neck and stay there, but she didn't.

"You wanna stay with me?" he asked, the question simple but the connotation behind it filled the room around them.

She did want to, of course. But she also knew that if she did stay with him, things would happen. They'd get closer, maybe closer than they ever had been, and it would be hard to come back from it and go back to trying to convince themselves nothing was going on between them.

"I don't know if it's a great idea, Ope," she said seriously, and he grinned.

"What? You don't think you can resist me?" he asked her, and her eyes blazed with obvious lust as she looked back at him.

"Mostly I just don't think you can resist me," she tossed back easily, making him choke out a laugh.

"Stay with me, Jamie. I'll be good, I promise, and we both know you don't want to stay with Jax and Tara, or your mom and Clay," he said, and she couldn't deny that he was right. She wouldn't have minded staying with Jax, but she didn't exactly get along with his wife, Tara, and there was no way in hell she wanted to stay with her mom, who she also didn't usually get along very well with.

"Okay," she said quietly, nodding.

Opie smiled again, standing and heading toward the door. He held it open for her and she followed him out into the bar. She saw him nod at Jax; no doubt telling him non-verbally that he'd keep his sister safe.