Chapter 20 - The Assault of Validity

Chapter 20

The Assault of Validity

First thing I thought when I woke up was "Where was that chair when I wanted to break it on Hugo's face?"

I was tied up to a chair, the room was completely dark, but I could feel someone lurking around. I guess it was Kimiko. I mean, I hadn't seen anyone else in the room in the brief second it took me to get knocked out.

I seriously deserved it. Why the hell had I just followed her willingly like that?

I might have been knocked out easily, but I wasn't going to let things go now. "Bitch, this is the only time I'll be offering so listen carefully. You let me go right now and I'll consider not whooping your ass," I told her, or whoever was in the room with me.

It kind of felt like I wasn't at the party anymore. I couldn't hear the people screaming and the music blasting. This room was just quiet and dark.

"I'm giving you five seconds and then it's knuckle sandwich time!" I yelled.

Oddly, I didn't exactly feel scared. I just felt pissed off, majorly pissed off. Being tied up to a chair certainly didn't qualify as the scariest event to happen in my life. It didn't even make the top ten list.

"Five... four... three... two..." Before I could say one I heard giggling. "Oh bitch it is sooooo on."

She giggled again.

What the hell did she want? Did she really knock me out and tie me to a chair just to giggle like a maniac?

I didn't get to scream at her again the room started to spin, like literally spin and the lights started to flash quickly. I gasped, my fist clenching. I would have held on to the chair if it wasn't for the fact that my hands were tied behind my back.

"What a surprise it was when I saw you..." she said softly. I had no idea where it was coming from because I was just spinning and spinning. "How exquisite. I didn't even know you existed. I would have gone after you first."

Suddenly everything turned black again and I stopped moving. And then I was sitting on my bed in my room.

My father was standing in front of me. He looked at me with disgust. "What a disappointment you are. You disgust me. I wish you had never come to find us. I wish you'd go away. I wish you'd die. I wish you'd never been born. You're an abomination that never should have existed. Your mother couldn't even look at you. She got rid of you as soon as she saw your face. She knew you'd be useless. You'd be trouble."

I snorted. "Good one. Thanks." I looked around. It looked real, it felt real, but something in my head was telling me it wasn't. "This isn't true, I'm pretty sure of it, but even if it is, you think that shit would faze me? You have no idea what's in my head."

My grandfather was standing in front of me now. "Oh but I know exactly what's in your head. I know the only wish you've ever had was to belong somewhere, to have a family, to have people that cared about you. But we don't. We're not that family. We might share blood but that's the extent of our attachment. We care more about our dogs than we do you."

Those dogs were awesome, so I wouldn't even hold it against him. And sure, it was true that deep down that was what I wanted, a family, people that cared about me. But I wouldn't die without those things. The only thing I truly wished for was a roof over my head and food in my belly, those were my true needs.

"Dig deeper you tool because you're not in my head." If she was trying to hurt me or faze me she was doing a shit job at it. I'd been insulted and beaten and so much worse... This was nothing.