Chapter 10

*Next Day*
I'm woken up by my alarm clock, and for a moment I have no idea where I am. As I sit up it all it me. Last night. The drinking, reminiscing, laughter, more drinking, and the spilling of all of my deep dark secrets. I had told Mer about my whimsical time with Derek and Mark, and of course my relationship with the later. And much to my dismay Mer figured out the twins were Mark's. I groan as I realize that I have work and will most likely have a run in with Mark. I get dressed in something nice since I'll be meeting with the chief, regardless if he is an old friend or not.

I make my way downstairs following the smell of pancakes and syrup. Laughter is heard form the the kitchen, and when as I walk in I see the twins, Mer, George, and Izzy all sitting at the table eating. "Well took you long enough. It's not like we have any where important to be or anything." said Mer. "Ugh don't remind me." Man these pancakes are delicious. wow. I shovel bite after bite into my mouth when around the 10th bite I look up to see everyone at the door. "Was anyone even going to come get me?" I say exasperatingly. In response all I got were giggles.

On our drive to the hospital I'm hit with the dreadful realization that I'll most likely run into Mark. With that thought I internally smack myself on the head and devise a plan bet to avoid him.

Oh god.
Nope.
I can't do this.

I spent a better part of the last three years trying to forgot that stupid man, and everything he put me through. Granted, I didn't even give him a chance, but you know what? No. He didn't deserve a chance. I mean he slept with my fucking best friend for gods sakes, and THEN moved across the country to chase her like a lost puppy. What a blow to my self confidence that was was. Screw Mark Sloan, I'm a strong independent woman, and a badass surgeon who saves little humans lives. As i was about to dive further into his internal rant, I was shaken out of my thoughts by a, "We're here."

Ahhhh, hi guys! I hope this chapter is a little better than the last ones. Really sorry for all the slow updates, and thanks so much for the constant (and new) readers.

be free to comment any suggestions, god knows I need them

catch ya on the flip side,
Liv