The stars are burning bright [jacob black story] {14}

Sorry if the legend Billy tells them makes ABSOLUTELY no sense, i was half asleep while writing this :) x

The rest of that week Tasha and I got along great. I was extremely glad that we got over our differences--we promised each other that we wouldn't hide anything from now on. We were best friends, and we should act like it. When Saturday came, the day before she left, Jacob and his family were going to have a bon fire. They were going to make BBQ and fried fish. I was pretty excited when he called me and told me about it, because I hadn't been seeing a lot of Jacob lately. He'd missed all week at school.

I missed him.

"Teg?" Jacob called up the stairs. I was getting ready with Tasha for the bon fire. I had on my red vintage dress with some black tights that met at my knee. I also had on some red flats and Tasha loaned me one of her silver necklaces. Tasha had on one of my outfits from the vintage store. It was a purple v-neck and she had on a black shirt under neath it. She had on her dark blue jeans and her black boots over them.

"Yeah!" I called back trying to fix my hair.

It wasn't working.

"We're going to be late!" I was putting on the last of my eye liner when Jacob burst through my door.

"Jacob! what if we were changing? Learn to knock!" I said staring at his reflection in the mirror. He looked over at me and smirked, "Nothing I haven't seen before." I shot him a dirty look, "Perv. Not to mention I almost poked myself in the eye with my eyeliner!" He sighed.

"You look fine. It's only a bon fire." He spoke walking over to me and slidding his warm arms around my waist. I smiled up at him. He gently kissed my neck. I was about to turn around and kiss him when he pulled away. "Now, let's go!" I turned around and crossed my arms. Great.

The ride to the beach was kinda scary since it was at night. I'd never been to the beach this late before. It looked like something out of a horror movie. It took forever to get there. "Don't you live here?" I asked Jacob, messing with the radio in his car. He groaned, "I know where I'm going. Just chill. And what'd I tell you about touching my stereo?" I pouted at him. "You listen to crappy bands." He sighed, "Fine. Listen to your boy-band pop punk. I don't care." I smiled and turned on Forever The Sickest Kids. "Oh my God..." He whispered, grabbing his head and staring at the road. "We're almost there...."

We finally arrived around eight and the fire was blazing. A lot of Jacob's family and friends were already around the fire laughing and sharing stories. The ocean's water looked turquoise towards the middle and orange like the sun. The waves were small and the breeze felt good.

It was beautiful here.

"Sorry we're late." I said to Embry and Quil as we hopped out of Jacob's car.

"You're not really late...Jacob--" Quil said taking his attention away from Tasha for a split second and looking over at Jacob. "Uncle Billy wants you over at the grill."

"Fine." He said in a disappointed voice. "You'll be okay Teg?" He asked looking at me and then at Tasha.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Tasha and I will keep ourselves company." I said smiling. "And of course there's always Embry." He glanced at me with a worried expression. "Embry?" I laughed, "Obviously." He sighed, "Um. Yeah. Okay." I looked at him wearily. Why'd he get tense when I said Embry's name?

He looked kind of, jealous.

"Jacob..." I said, putting my hand on his arm, which was burning up. "Embry's my best friend." He shrugged my hand off.

"It's okay." He said giving me a quick kiss. "Gotta go, bye."

"Bye." I said, watching him run towards the grills. Great.