The stars are burning bright [jacob black story] {13}

I walked towards the door, after Jacob let his father into their home. I looked at Jacob's father and let my mouth hang open in shock. They looked extremely similar. Of course, his father was much older than him--and he was in a wheelchair. But, that was the only difference. They had the same smirk plastered on their faces, which looked almost identical.

Creepy.

"Um. Hi." I said, awkwardly standing next to Jacob, who eyed his father warily before turning towards me.

"Um. Dad-this is my-um-this is the girl-uh-this is Tegan." I smiled at his father whole-heartedly. I wanted him to like me. He outstretched a wrinkled hand. I stood there and looked at him skeptically. What was he doing?Jacob nudged me and it finally clicked-he wanted me to shake his hand. I mentally kicked myself and quickly outstretched my hand and shook his.Oh my God. I'm stupid."Billy Black." He said, shaking my hand. "Tegan Young."

He chuckled a little to himself. "Right. Jacob just told me."

I felt my face heat up. "Oh. Um. Right." I released his hand and looked over at Jacob who was about to burst into a fit of giggles. That only caused my face to turn an even darker shade of red. Billy glanced over at his son and smirked.Did I mention how he looked exactly like Jacob?

He glanced back at me quickly, "Yes. My son has told me quite a bit about you..." Jacob's eyes bulged and looked at me. It was my turn to laugh now.Had he really told his dad about me?"Uh. Don't you need to uh-go." Jacob snapped at his dad, giving him a death glare. Billy only chuckled.

"Right. Right. I need to go fix dinner." He started wheeling towards the kitchen. "I hope you'll join us, Tegan."

I smiled, "Uh-sure."

"Anyway, while I get this ready...you two go play." I stared at him in shock, as he wheeled himself into the kitchen.Please tell me Jacob's father did not just say that.

Anyone should know better than to say that to Jacob Black when he was in a five-mile radius of a girl.

Jacob looked over at me with a smirk and grabbed my hand. "Come on-let's go play." He started walking towards the stairs, which I could only assume led to his bedroom.

Meeting his father and now going to his bedroom. Things were definitely moving way too fast. I tugged my arm away."Jacob."

He rolled his eyes and looked at me."Come on, Teg."He walked closer to me and pulled me close to his body-it was kind of like a hug."I promise to behave myself."

I pushed away from him."You're a liar."

He laughed, "Yeah..." He grabbed my hand again. This time I gave up and followed him, against my better judgment.Better to not argue with him.

When I entered Jacob's room it seemed like it wasn't a part of the house at all.The rest of the house was neat. Where Jacob's room was a mess. His bed was unmade, the walls were bare-except for the three or four band posters-and the floor was covered in clothes. He walked across the room and sat on his bed. "Oh my God." I said, looking around. "You are a pig."

Jacob rolled his eyes, "Come sit over here..." He motioned to a spot right next to him on the messy bed.

I wrinkled my nose, "Could you at least make it first?"

Jacob laughed, "Um. How about no." I stuck my tongue out at him. "Want to try that again over here?" He asked, patting a place on the bed beside him.

I wrinkled my nose. "Um. How about no." I mocked him. He chuckled a little.

"You know, no one's ever complained about my bed before." I suddenly felt my face heat up.

"I mean. Jacob. You know--he has a history with girls. He goes after girls that he wants-then when he gets him, he's over them in a week" Embry's voice popped in my head again. But I tried to shake it out.