The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 04]

I scoffed and walked in the door. I was sure to tell my brother off about leaving me at school to walk in the rain, get soaked,and have to ride in that disgusting excuse for a car with him but my intentions were lost when I found my brother on the couch with one of Jacob's friends watching a football game.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a frown on my face. I was sure that Embry was also stalking me.

"Your brother invited me." He said. "But I should go and get ready for the bon fire. It's gonna be starting soon. See you there, Lee?"

"You got it." Lee replied.

"What about you, Teg?" There goes the whole Teg thing again.

"I'm not sure yet." I replied glaring at Lee. How did he become such fast friends with Embry?

"You should go. Jacob will be there."

"I know." I snapped. "He already told me. I had to get a ride from him, because someone forgot to take me home." I said still glaring at Lee.

"Oh, sorry Teg." He said with his hand on his forehead. "I forgot to tell you that I had to leave early today. I'm so sorry I didn't come back to get you. Shit."

I suddenly felt bad for being mean to Lee. He looked genuinely sorry. "It's ok, but next time please remember." I said.

"See you guys at the bon fire!" Embry said as he walked out of the door.

"He is massive!" I said to Lee when Embry was gone.

"Yeah. He said he would help me out at the gym to get built like he is."

"You're already big enough." I said.

"Still, it wouldn't hurt to get any bigger. You should change; you're leaving a big puddle." He said staring at the floor. I looked down and saw that I was indeed making a puddle.

"Oh, sorry." I said walking upstairs. I got in my room and threw my bag on the floor. Thank God there wasn't any homework because I didn't feel like concentrating on anything school related. I got out of my soggy clothes and pulled some fresh jeans, t-shirt, and hoodie. I grabbed another pair of Vans as I went to the bathroom to dry my hair. I had to fix up my make up too. I don't know why I tried to make myself look someone good for this stupid bon fire. I wasn't trying to look good for anyone. Or was I?

"Teg!" My mom called from downstairs.

"Yeah!" I shouted over the noise of my hair dryer. I turned it off when my mom walked in the bathroom.

"I heard Lee talking about a bon fire tonight. Are you going?"

"Yeah, mom, I might as well. There's nothing else to do anyway."

"Well, alright. I'm sure that Jacob will be there."

"Mom, please, drop the Jacob thing." I said frustrated. "I don't care if he's there or not. And I really need to get ready." I said signaling to her that she needed to leave. Now.

"Fine, have fun." She said as she walked out. I shook my head and turned on the hair dryer once more. I was ready fifteen minutes later.

"You ready?" Lee asked as I came downstairs.

"Yeah. Why are we leaving this early?"

"Because it takes a while to actually get to the beach."

"No, it doesn't. I went there the other day." I said.

"You probably went to the higher part of the beach; where the cliffs are. We are going to the other end." Lee said walking out the door.

"Oh." I said as I thought of the day I was on the cliff. Jacob showed me the other part of the beach. I walked after Lee after grabbing an extra jacket. It was going to be cold. It stopped raining too.