Chapter-2

Beth sat down on a rock and thought about what to do next,it was not like she could tell anyone, due to the fact that what she had just  done was so unladylike. It would ruin her completely, "Oh why did she never think these things through all the way". Its not like it was a lame deer or hurt bird or another forest animal. This was a person, a man, a strange man at that. There was much she could do to help him now, man or animal. She had only come to check on the few birds and rabbit she had hid away in her secret menagerie. So she had no rags or tools to help with his wounds. The best she could do was rip her petticoat to strips and use the fresh spring to clean him some and start a fire to assess what she would need to bring back with her after breakfast. Beth started the fire with what she had inside the cavern and turned to the man.
She had never worked on a man or a person before. She realized she was blushing so much she could feel the heat on her cheeks, she composed and stilled herself to start the task at hand. After all she had no time to waste. Beth started to rip strips of cloth from her petticoat. When she had as many as she could get she went to the spring and got some wet. She then bent to the task of somewhat cleaning the man the best she could. She started with his face as she wiped the grime away she noticed he had a fever. She knew that was not good. She also noticed he had a handsome face if not a little rough. He had one swollen eye and his lips were busted and raw. A strong chin, cheeks rough with hair and a little shallow as if he had not eaten for days. As she cleaned his neck she saw red and raw abrasion. Her stomach wanted to rebel at the brutality she'd already seen on his face. Now for the large wound on his chest.
Beth swallowed hard and brought the lantern closer to examine it looking for a sign of infection. She saw none and was thankful, she knew she would have to stitch it. After she cleaned around the gash she placed a dry strip of cloth to it. Then she checked to see if either of his arms were broken. They were not but his wrist were  chafed and once again raw like he had been shackled. She winced at the thought but went to study his leg. She had to rip the pants a bit more which made her blush extremely hard. Beth kept telling herself it's a wounded deer with a bullet stuck in its leg. Beth took a deep breath and probed the wound for the bullet. The man groaned in pain,  but did not wake. She found  the bullet and  she knew the tools she would need upon her return. She cleaned and bandaged it with the last of her petticoat.
She stood up and walked to the spring to wash her hands and wipe her face. She took slow and deep breaths in and out to calm her nerves. This was the craziest things she has ever done in all her 21 years. But he needed her help and that is what she was going to do. She turned quickly at the realization of how late it must be by now. She grabbed a blanket she kept there for when she was cold and covered the man. She bent down and whispered "do not leave I will return to help you get better". With that said she turned and left, going through the forest quickly and quietly in case those Frenchmen be nearby. She still wondered why they were on England's soil. But she also had to think of a reason she was so late, that and her excuse to be gone later.

Thank you I hope you enjoyed it if you did please vote and comment  if you want.