tornado; twenty-seven

C H A P T E R

T W E N T Y - S E V E N

+

"hell is empty, and all the devils are here."

» shakespeare

+

"I SHOULD probably get going now,"

"I think you should." an oddly familiar voice spoke up, and I felt my heart begin to race faster and faster and my palms getting sweatier and sweatier.

What the hell was Harry doing here?

I walked myself towards the door, nearly forgetting what oxygen was when a hand was on my back, guiding me.

"When did y-you even come?"

"Everyone in the building was invited to come. Why exactly did you come here? Why did you come? Aren't you supposed to be some innocent little shy girl?" he cocked an eyebrow.

Face hot. Steam bursting from my ears.

"You don't even know me,"

"Well, I know you better than anyone here."

I stared at my feet, not knowing what to say.

"What are you trying to do?" I asked quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't act stupid, Harry. You know exactly what I mean." my voice came out weak; as if one touch would make it shatter completely. I looked up, and almost immediately regretted it. He was studying me in a way that made me feel like a little mouse compared to him. Breathe in. Breathe out.

"I'm sorry." he spoke after a terribly wrong silence. He pursed his lips and frowned. "I want to be your very best friend. I want to be your favorite friend. We only have each other; and we've both been hurt enough. We shouldn't be fighting each other like this. We've been through hell and back together. You annoy the fuck out of me so many times, but I don't think anybody will understand what I've been through except the person who has gone through it all with me."

I smiled at him.

"Best friends it is." I stuck out my left pinky, interlocking it with his.

"Are you sure you don't want more? You are my number one admirer, after all."

"Shut up. We both know that wasn't true." I swatted him. I stumbled in the corroder, leaning on Harry for support. He laughed at my clumsiness, although he took my arm without a thought. "Have you got any keys?" he asked me.

Keys?

Keys.

Fuck fuck fuck.

"Oh man, oh fuck," I let go of his arm and began circling outside my apartment, nearly tripping on my own feet in the process.

"What's up?"

"My manager, my manager Elizabeth has the keys. I think she's somewhere back in the party... wasted." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Do you want to go back and get the keys from her at the party?"

I shook my head no. I had no intention of going back to that strip-house.

"Um. Uh. What would a best friend do?" he asked me.

I shrugged, "Don't ask me. I have never had a best friend before."

"Um. I'll go back to the party and find her? Wait. Shit. I don't even know how she looks like,"

I yawned.

"Fine, let's go back to the p-party."

"No. You're not comfortable there. Um. Stay at mine?" he scratched the back of his neck.

"You dumbfuck, the party is like right next door."

"But I have a feeling you were involved in that... brawl. So effectively, nope. Sorry, no exceptions. Let's go to mine. We don't want them to give you a black eye too. Plus Sleepovers... are what best friends do right?"

"I guess so."

We walked down the hall to the elevator. This was awkward but I'm happy. We finally don't want to kill each other. That's progress, right?

Ding.

The elevator doors slid open, and so did our friendship.

"This feels awkward."

"Everything is awkward for you, Ocean." he let out a chuckle that was like honey and cigarettes. Smooth but rough in every beautiful way.

"I like that."

"Like what?" he asked me,

"When you say my name."

"Is it the accent?" he smirked.

"Maybe." I smiled.

Ding.

We went across the hall and stopped at what was obviously his apartment.

"Well there it is. Um. I don't have clothes for you, so you can sleep in, so is what your wearing fine? Or you can sleep naked or something..."

I laughed, "No, its fine!"

He led me to one of his guest rooms.

"Do you have a manager?"

"Yeah. I just don't need mine to live with me. I'm 21."

"You're really old and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Are you going to go all pedophile on me and rape me in my sleep, Harry?"

"In your dreams, cougar." he pushed me jokingly into my room.

"Go to sleep. So you can leave my apartment quicker."

"You just want to rape me."

"Goodnight." he closed the door on me after a few more chuckles escaped his lips.

Too tired and mildly drunk to do anything more, I fell asleep almost immediately.

Peaceful. Hopeful. Happy.

author's note

finally got some time to finish this trilogy ive been stuck on forever and it made me so emotional so excuse me if this chapter was too lovey dovey [TRUST ME I WANT OCEAN AND HARRY TO BE IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER QUICKER TOO BUT ITS ABOUT DEVELOPMENT]

and my fav song rn is we must be killers by mikky ekko its cool lol

and some the civil wars song i forgot the name of it but has something to do with dust so go listen to those if u want lol

vote & comment!!

next update: tomorrow.