tornado; twenty-two

C H A P T E R    T W E N T Y  -  T W O 

.

.

“i never wish to offend, but I am so foolishly shy, that I often seem negligent, when I am only kept back by my natural awkwardness ... shyness is only the effect of a sense of inferiority in some way or other. if I could persuade myself that my manners were perfectly easy and graceful, i should not be shy.” 
» jane austen

.

MY EYES widened to the size of flying saucers. 

"No! No - definitely not!" Harry immediately spoke for me.

More pictures were snapped, before the next person asked a question.

"Where have you always dreamed of living?"

"Anywhere really,"

It was my turn to answer. Oh man, oh man, oh man. Think Ocean think.

"Um. Uh. I would. I would, uh, a city, perhaps." I stuttered nervously. 

Oh god this is beyond ignominious. I'm supposed to symbolize strength to the public after surviving a natural disaster, yet here I am, being as weak as I could ever be? 

All I wanted was a chance to branch out and interact with the human public without any interferences. All I wanted was a chance to be able to develop deep and meaningful conversations with those I don't even know. My time in this compound; I have presumed that my shyness has gone away with the wind, but it has come back to knock me off my feet once again.

What a rude, disgraceful little thing. Always waiting for your most vulnerable moments to swallow you up as a whole and shred away any bit of faith in yourself that you have struggled to hold ever-so-dearly.

After a couple of more meaningless questions, Emmanuel dismissed us to discuss our nonexistent future with the rest of the representatives and high class 'nobility'. 

We were being swarmed by photographers and wanna-be journalists trying to get a story from us.

“Hey! Ocean! Harry! Over here!” one photographer shouted.

“Ocean! Are you pregnant with Harry’s child?”

“Harry, is it true that you are gay?”

I laughed at the last question and nodded my head to the photographer, who raised his eyebrows with surprise and jotted it down immediately.

“You really are a bitch, aren’t you?” Harry whispered in my ears.

I ignored him in attempt to show him how completely infuriated I still was.

“Look here!” a few more photographers shouted, and started rough-housing their way to get a decent picture of Harry and I. The body guards struggled fighting them off, causing a large amount of guilt washed over me. How do they survive their job?

A helpful hand settled in the small of my back attempted to guide me through the swarm of people. I looked up to thank the guard or maid that tried helping me, until all the color in my face flushed right down the drain.

Guess who it was?

Fucking Harry.

I felt my heart race quicker and quicker. That was so damn uncomfortable! I sped up my pace so his hand would leave my back, and thankfully, he got the message and shoved it in one of his dress pants' pockets. 

“How was it?” Alice asked me as I walked in the room, still completely shocked about why the hell he would even touch me. Didn’t I make it clear that I am mad? 

That was kind but hell to the fucking no.

If I want something, then it better be that way. I specifically made it clear that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with him yet he goes and touches me, somewhere right above my freaking butt? He needs to chill because I value personal space; especially from self-obsessed douchebags that constantly think you’re in love with them.

Damn that boy and his idiotic gestures.

“It was okay.” I bluntly answered. She shot me a confused look but dismissed herself, seeing I was not in the mood.

I slipped on some comfortable clothing and slid into my bed. I wish the assortment of books in my room weren’t just for decoration. I could really use some fiction and prose to enlighten my fucked up life. Sometimes the things that are not real are the things we wished would be real. I’d rather be in Hogwarts or getting drunk with Magnus Bane than be stuck in this current situation. I mean come on, who wouldn’t?

 --------

author's note

hello hi I updated today as promised its currently 2 am and I honestly pulled myself out of bed just to write this so can I get a round of applause

YES TALA THE HOGWARTS AND MAGNUS BANE REFErENCE WAS FOR U <3333333

ocean complains a lot ngl

what a pessimist

jk i do too

wby?????????

NEXT UPDATE AFTER TOMORROW BC I HAVE A GATHERING TOMORROW [today bc its 2 am] SORRY

----jana