tornado; twenty

C H A P T E R          T W E N T Y

 .

“the eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages.” 
» virginia woolf

I SMIRKED to myself as Emmanuel and Harry shot me questionable glances. "What did you say?" Emmanuel asked.

"Nothing." I looked down at my plate, feeling a bit awkward. Why was I always stuck in awkward eating scenes with Emmanuel and Harry? 

"So the meeting is this evening. You will be attending, and you both will have to look professional and as top-notch as possible. They'll ask you questions; so answer honestly yet wisely." Emmanuel shot me a look, in attempt to shame me for what happened last night. I shifted uncomfortably in my chair, and he smiled at the reaction; knowing his intimidating demeanor was working fine with me. 

"I'm not attending. I'm feeling ill." Harry announced.

"No. That excuse won't be valid for tonight." Emmanuel scolded him.

"Either that, or I pull a Drunk Ocean on you in the conference." 

"Are you threatening me?" he fixed his eyes on Harry, his pupils slightly increasing in size with anger. 

"Yes," Harry replied, his voice smooth as honey, although raspy as if a cigarette was lodged in his throat. 

Emmanuel looked like he was going to explode. 

He sure had anger issues.

Trying to maintain his rage, he stood up from the chair, and walked out of the dining room. 

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

He turned his gaze back to me, and offered an amused smile. I scowled back at him and dropped my gaze to the napkin on my plate.

Ocean, control yourself. Be confident. Stay in the goddamn dining room because who the fuck is he to embarrass you. Who the hell is he for you to leave the room because you're afraid? Keep eating. 

"So you're a grumpy bitch now?" he joked.

I looked up at him, and tried to give him the most threatening face I could make. My attempt set laughter from him. 

I wanted to yell profanities; so many profanities. How can one be so annoying yet so alluring and intimidating? 

I gave up and pulled my seat out to leave the room. His nose flared up with annoyance, and his eyebrows were furrowed together. 

"What did I do?" 

I ignored him and left the room. 

I decided that I should probably go to Emmanuel and discuss the unfinished conversation. 

I knocked on his door and after many rustling noises, his head peaked out of the room.

"Oh. Ocean! One second," he slid out behind the door carefully and closed the door behind him, buttoning his top buttons and fixing his hair. 

"Um. Are you busy?" I eyed him suspiciously. Something was definitely wrong.

"No! Not at all." 

"I was thinking we could discuss... the meeting?" I asked him.

"Sure." 

I was about to open his bedroom door before a hand stopped me. 

"Let's go to your room. My room's a mess." 

I cocked an eyebrow before opening the door, revealing a woman, picking up her dress from the floor. 

"Oh!" she yelped in surprise and tried to cover up with her dress. I gagged at the fact that they were about to have... that. It was beyond disgusting.

"Um okay. My room it is then," I pursed my lips together and closed the door. 

We walked to my bedroom in an uncomfortable silence. With all honesty, I didn't expect him to be into such vulgar activities. 

"So in the meeting, they will be discussing you in a personal way. They might ask you about your family and friends, so try to be emotionally ready for that."

I took a big gulp.

"They will pity you. So try to be open about every personal desire, so they can help you gain them." 

I nodded.

"That's it, basically. Try not to stutter too much. Be confident when you speak." 

"Alright." 

"Um. Listen... About you know what, I prefer if it stays between us. Is that fine?" 

"Uh- yeah, totally. I mean I wouldn't even talk about such a thing to anyone. Don't worry." 

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Such a shame you have such a messed up personality. You're a real beauty. See you tonight. And remember, don't ruin this for yourself." 

"Pardon me?" Messed up personality? Says the promiscuous, bad tempered guy. 

His eyes crinkled as deep laughs slipped out of his mouth. He gave me a teasing wave and exited my room.

What was up with everyone pissing me off that day? Scratch that. What was up with people pissing me off everyday? 

author's note

2 DAYS TIL DEMI & THE VAMPS VID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEBODY TO YOU IS SO GOOD IM SO EXCITED OMG

sorry about the annoyingly short and slow updates i've set up an update calendar, and hopefully this week ill be more update-y and ill try updating everyday. im trying to be rly organized bc i need to focus on finishing this story :)

still in need of some quotes by you ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont forget to comment some!!!!!!!!

if ur reading this then i honestly love u so much

xo

jana