Chapter 20

Derek P.O.V.

"Why'd you come here Mark?" I screamed letting out all my anger out at him. "You can't just walk into my daughters room!" I stared at Mark who stood in front of me with a straight face.

"Derek, I came here to make amends." Mark walked closer to me as I stepped back. "I came back to apologize for what I did and make things right between us and Mae." I walked up to Mark staring him straight in the face trying to intimidate him, but it looked pathetic seeing that he was at least a couple inches taller than me.

"You will never be my best friend again, so I would really like it if you left. This hospital and this state." I glared at him as I noticed someone shift behind him taking my gaze away. "Meredith?" I looked at her standing at the door way looking concerned.

"Am I interrupting something?" She asked walked into the room holding something to her chest. She looked from me to Mark and came up to stand next to me. "Hi, I'm Dr. Grey." She held her hand out toward Mark.

"Hi, I'm Mark. I'm Derek's best friend." Mark smirked at me as he shook Meredith's hand. I shook my head in defense as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"He's not my best friend, any more." I looked to Meredith as she took on a confused look. "He's the man who my wife cheated on me with." I uncrossed my arms and sat down on the couch behind me leaning my elbows on my knees.

"Oh, well, I think I'll show myself out. I should go round on your patients." Meredith slyly smiled and walked out the room leaving it awkwardly quiet as I turned my attention back to glare at Mark. "I think it's time for you to leave as well." I stood up from the couch and brushed past him walking toward the door.

"Derek! You can't just run away again. I'm here and I'm not leaving until you listen to me." Mark turned around following me to the door. "I will stay here in Seattle for as long as I want until you decide to listen. So when you decide to listen I'll be there." Mark walked passed me as I sat staring at him as he continued to walk down the hall away from Mae's room.

"Ugh" I sighed turning back toward Mae's empty room.

Arizona P.O.V.

"Dr. Robbins, would you like to close up?" I turned to Nelson as I nodded taking his place at Mae's head. I sutured up Mae's head opening as I looked up to the gallery to see Derek standing there with the man that was in the room across from him.

"All finished, everything looks good. Right?" I looked to Nelson to see him nodding as I stepped away from the field. "Take her into PICU and I'll meet her up there." The scrub nurses nodded as I stepped into the scrub room with Nelson.

"Your really close to this girl aren't you?" Nelson turned to me as we finished washing our hands. "She's one of your closest friends, right?"

"Yeah, she's one of my best friends and her dad is the same." I grabbed a towel to dry off my hands as I walked out of the room to find Derek.

* * *

"Derek, She made it through surgery with flying colors. We took her up to PICU and she should wake up soon." Derek grasped me into a hug as I felt his arms close into me tighter. "Okay, your starting to hurt me." He laughed as his arms let me go and held me by the shoulders.

"Thank you , Arizona." I saw tears forming in his eyes.

"Derek, she's going to be back to her normal self in a couple of days. Don't worry about her." I comforted him as I lead him toward Mae's ICU bed where the other man was waiting, leaning by the back wall.

"What're doing here!" Derek yelled as we walked into the room. "I told you to go home!" The man shifted his weight to both feet as he walked toward Derek and me.

"Who're you? Derek, who is this?" I looked from the man to Derek as I noticed him shifting his weight from one leg to the other.

"He used to be my best friend up until he slept with my wife." Derek continued to glare at the man as I tried to get in between them.

"Look, whoever you are, you should probably leave before she wakes up. I think it would be best for Mae and I think it would best for Derek to be in here alone." I stood in front of Derek staring down the man.

"Are you his girl?" The man asked pointing towards Derek. I looked back at Derek noticing him shaking his head avoiding eye contact with me.

"No, she's just my new best friend." He looked me now in the eyes and I smiled. "Now it's time for you to go." Derek stood his ground as the man walked past me and him toward the door, turning before he left.

"Look Derek, I'm really sorry for what I did." At that the man walked out of the room and down the hallway away from Mae's room.

"Derek, look. She's waking up."

Mae P.O.V.

"Mae, Hey baby girl!" A voice spoke as I tried to open my eyes to find a bright light shining into them. "How're feeling?" I opened my eyes wider to see dad standing at the foot of my bed and Arizona leaning in front of me shining the light in my eyes.

"Mhmm," I moaned as dad laughed. "Did everything go as planned?" I mumbled turning my head toward Arizona next to me.

"Yeah, everything went perfectly." She smiled making a smile form on my lips. "If you heal accordingly, you should be headed home in a week or so." She walked toward the end of the bed and opened up my chart writing something down.

"Oh thank God, your alright!" Dad planted a kiss on my forehead as he sat down at the chair next to my bed. "I was worried sick." He took ahold of my hand and gripped it tightly making me smile.

"You were worried about me?" I laughed. "You know I've handled a lot more." He laughed as his grip loosened.

"Yeah, I know your probably stronger than me."