Agonized Angel

(Link/Alexander's Pov)

The name... The name echoed as I peered upon the boy. But why? Why was he here? How did I know him? A simple touch from his warm hand surprised me at first, but looking into his eyes, why did they seem so familiar? "Alexander...," the child began to embrace me. Was it tears I felt coming from his eyes? "I'm sorry..." Why was he apologizing? "I'm sorry for what I've done...," more tears came out from his eyes. "What do you mean?" "You don't understand...," his embrace became tighter,"I'm the soul to blame..." The soul to blame? What was his crime? I peered into his teared eyes once more, wiping them to leave him surprised. "Please let me see to know the truth.," I caressed his face full of shock. The two of us remained silenced, able to hear the cries of many souls Soren murdered. "How could I?!," he stepped away from me with eyes of flames,"I know what you are, and you're not the child I knew when I was alive!" His body was as if it was dancing within flames, fiery crimson as if I wanted to kill him. But, I couldn't accomplish it. "Please!" "No! You don't understand!," he landed onto his side with breaths of lead.

Rushing beside him, I saw the reason. Lying behind his back, raven angel wings weighed him like a chain with a steel ball upon his ankle if he was a prisoner... But he was... A prisoner of his own faith in heaven... He peered upon me with eyes semblance of glass yet they remained the vibrant but dulled hue. He peered upon me with a warm smile, but it still revealed lament," You remember it, no?" My eyes widened as I remembered the noise... The noise I feared when human... The sound of a lamia feeding upon human blood. I remembered my screams I cried upon the demon who killed my family. "Then... You're--" "Yes...," he embraced my face,"I'm the angel that protected you from that siren... The martyr that became an angel." What was he talking about? Angel? Martyr? Who was he? "Alexander... Don't you know me?," he tried to get onto his feet, but he only say down, possessing a dull, rusted, and chipped knife in his hands. "No...," I told him another reason. "I won't kill you...," he began revealing tears,"Please, don't be upset..."

Just looking at him, I didn't know to trust him or not. I sensed the holy items within his equipment: Silver cross, holy water, a wooden stake, the Holy Bible, and many other items I couldn't bare to see. "You're afraid...," he saw me back away into the darkened crevices of the grave,"I understand that you don't love me." "What're you saying?," I wanted to lacerate his flesh, but at the same time I desired to not accomplish it... "Do you know this male?," the male possessing the tattoo upon his face gave me a stern look. I decided to not reply. but he was persistent. I fell onto my knees, feeling the tears upon my face as I heard the screams over and over again haunt me.

After all these years... I knew the truth...

(3rd Pov)

Blood came from the vampire's eyes as the truth reigned within his dead heart. The fallen angel's memories wove into his head like a tapestry being made by crafted hands...

It began when he passed upon that horrid night, the night when a female vampire came and slaughtered his family. He was playing with his brother, Alexander Michalis, upon the fields soaked in twilight. His hunter senses were triggered, and like a wolf, he prowled towards his prey. But the hunter became the hunted. Like lightning, horror struck the young boy when he saw the corpses of his own parents lying like dried husks. The vampire's eyes were still hungered for blood, and the two clashed like natural forces. Until one of them fell... The boy screamed and begged for mercy, but not a shred was created. He died of blood loss, and his eyes still saw his own younger brother fight back when he too saw the massacre before falling asleep.

It was, as if, he was walking upon air, seeing his own body lying lifeless yet he was alive, but also dead. He saw them clash as if he did, but he wasn't as strong as he fought, lying close towards death. He sprinted out of the walls, knowing he was now transparent and alerted one of the many hidden talented women to let the hunters know of the situation. The elder knew, dogs leaving their pens and the hunters rushing towards the noise. If it wasn't for his voice, Alexander would have passed as well. He too rushed back to the scene, only to find another spirit rushing within the moonlight. But this soul was alive, but seemed ill. He was swifter the his own soul, taking the boy's resting body along with him into a secluded area of the woods.

"Wake up! Wake up!," the raven shouted while shaking his body. He tried to speak to the raven, but no avail. He bit his hand, giving a few drops of his blood into Alexander's body until his eyes were wide. The raven left swiftly, leaving Alexander in mystery. The spirit of him sensed the dogs coming, and he attempted to alert him, but again no avail. It was if he didn't exist... No... He never existed in Alexander's life. He wept while seeing his brother being taken away from him, shoved into a carriage where not a trace of light existed inside. He heard another voice call him until pulling him near a golden gate above the clouds, open to reveal a wondrous paradise. "Mother... Father...," he saw his family, alive and well. But, he felt unsatisfied. He shrieked and begged for the pain to stop, only to reveal two ashen wings upon his back,"No... I can't..." "Sweetheart..." "It's okay..." He felt his depressed memories fade from his mind,"No... It's not..." "Be with us..." "We're right--"

"I SAY GOD IS DEAD!!!" Every holy being seized and eyes of anger were upon his body. Thunder and lightning rolled as he saw a shadow above him. "You're mistaken...," he felt the breath behind him, startling him. The male came towards him, feeling the elegant wings with each fingertip. "You say the Lord is dead?," he heard metal scrape upon metal, making him quake in fear. "THEN BURN IN HELL!!!," blood spewed from his back as mad laughter came from the savior. He saw the ashen wings lying on the ground, numb and dead.
He screamed as shackles bursted through his body, killing him on the inside but he wasn't dead. One by one, they were pulled out of his back, revealing at first bone wings. Each holy being yelled and tormented him, saying he was any type of servant to Satan. Before he even knew it, the clouds vanished underneath his feet. He clutched onto the last one, trying to pull himself upward, but the weight kept him from coming up into Heaven. He fell as the raven wings came, weighing him onto the ground. His body was one with him, but the wings remained upon his back. Being alive, but the scars still remained upon his body.

He heard bloody screams coming from the village, and he followed them. To his surprise, he found himself in the church, seeing his own younger sibling cry as his soul was being purified by the light of the Lord. But it wasn't by the Son of God, but the male who pulled his angelic wings out his back. It was as if he was inside a slaughter house, seeing the killing happen before his own eyes. But it was a child! His own brother being tortured by this man!
"So...," he pointed his rapier towards Alexander,"Are you willing to confess?" He screamed loudly, as if God was hearing him confess every single sin he committed in his life. "Stop! Stop it! Leave him alone!," he couldn't bare hearing his sibling scream in pain. Sprinting quickly, he seized the flame just in time before it consumed Alexander's life.

"Let this be known!," he raised his blade high as it glittered within the morning light,"He won't be satisfied with your crime! Let it be war upon us both! Only one will survive!," he vanished within flames, leaving only an angel's feather behind. Alexander woke up with only one tap of his own fingertip, yet they were glass. "No no no! Please!," he began to weep.

"Link...?" Alexander peered from behind, seeing the elder shrouded in ashen,"Yes?" "No! How could you--?! Alexander! Listen to me! That's not your name! It's mine!" A male of fierce eyes peered at the boy," You're to return to me at once." "Master Sephora! You got the wrong sibling!," he rushed ahead, blocking the church doors. He became shocked, feeling and seeing the three pass through him. "They...," he fell onto his knees,"No! Alexander! Come back!"

His cries were distant while the three spoke. "I'm sorry...," he clutched onto the last memory: The silver cross and the last pieces of holy equipment. "Let him wait... He seems young but he needs to learn. Let the church have Alexander's last memory." "No! That's not my name! I'm Link Shen Michalis, not him!," he gripped onto his heart, feeling it shred every second with pain. They left him behind like dust, feeling nothing of him.

"Alexander... Why? Why did you betray me?"

~~~~~

Hey everyone! I apologise for the extremely long haitus (Don't kill me!!!). I got into my other social media a bit too much and went on a ton of projects. You know, lots of personal life issues and successful goals. But, I can tell you this! I hope you enjoyed being on this new chapter, and I got another story being worked on! If you wanna see the upcoming Doujinshi, check out on my YouTube channel! It's for the upcoming "Super Smash Bros" game for the summer and I am hoping to get this also onto Wattpad when this book is completely published. For now, it's gonna be like a ping pong game between this book and the Doujinshi.

Have a nice day/night!

Elizabeth