Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Yellowstone

Bailey's P.O.V

I wake up with someones arm around me. I momentarily freak out, wondering who's it is, when I notice a Dora the Explorer band-aid on the person's arm. I remember last nights events, and snuggle closely back into Chris. I close my eyes again.

I have a nightmare.

Chris and I are running through the forest, holding hands. A giant looms over us, holding a large net. He tosses it, and the ends become snakes. They tangle all around Chris, strangling him. He reaches out for me, and we are just about to hold hands, when the giant pulls me into the air and devours me.

I wake up screaming.

==============================================================================

Chris' P.O.V

I hear Bailey screaming.

I immediately leap in front of her in my wolf form, snarling and growling. I look around a bit in confusion, then turn to Bailey.

Crap. She's crying.

I shift back into my human form and gather her into my arms, holding her closely to my chest. She sobs for a bit, holding onto me tightly. When she finally settles down, she tells me about her dream. I give her a quick kiss on the head.

"Don't worry, Bailey," I say, "I'm not planning on getting strangled by snake nets any time soon."

She looks into my eyes, and I look back at her adoringly.

"Let's go get some breakfast." I say, picking her up again. I look out the window, though, and it's still dark. The clock says it's 2:35.

"Actually, I think we need to get more sleep." I decide, sitting back down onto the bed. Bailey shifts into her wolf form and jumps out of my arms. She makes the blankets into a nest, and curls up. I shift also, curling around her and setting my head on hers. We fall back asleep together.

==============================================================================

Bailey's P.O.V

I feel so ashamed. I acted like a total child last night. What happens if something happens while I'm around our future pups? Can I trust myself to be strong for them?

For him?

I walk downstairs to find Chris talking to my parents. They all turn to me as I sit down, and say their various hello's. My mom scoots me a map.

"You guys are gonna take this route to Yellowstone." She says. I glance at Chris. He nods in agreement

"We leave tonight." He says. I grin and grab breakfast, excited to get on the road.

. . .

All our things are packed in Chris' car. I give my parents kisses and hugs, and pat my dog. We climb into the car, and Chris pulls out of the driveway. I watch my parents waving, and wave at them for the last time.

I turn towards Chris, and look to the road ahead.