Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Into the Wild

Chris' P.O.V

I'm so unbelievably happy right now.

She said yes!!!!

I stare at Bailey in shock for a bit. She blushes and looks back at me, her beautiful green eyes reflecting the moonlight perfectly. I blush deeply, and stand up.

"W...We should tell your parents." I stutter.

"Right," she says, getting up, "we have to preform the judgement."

Oh boy. I forgot about the judgement.

We both shift back into our wolf forms, and I run with her to her home. I wait on the edge of the woods, and howl to her as she goes inside.

=============================================================================

Bailey's P.O.V

I walk into my house, and my mother immediately comes over to me.

"What's that smell?" She asks as she takes hold of my arm and takes a deep whiff.

"Mom, I have something exciting to tell you!" I say, jumping up and down.

"What is it?" She asks, a smile starting to show on her face.

"Chris wants to be my mate!"

My mom looks into my face for a long time. Just when I start to get uncomfortable, she grabs me and squeezes me tightly. We break apart just as I feel like I'm about to pass out from air deprivation.

"That's great, honey!" She says, "I'll tell your father, and we can schedual the judgement!"

I nod happily, then yawn.

"Goodnight, mom." I tell her as I walk upstairs to my room.

"Night, sweetie!" She replies.

I flop onto my bed, still in my clothes, and fall into a peaceful sleep.

I dream about Chris.

=============================================================================

Chris' P.O.V

Bailey and I stand at the edge of the woods in the park that sunday night. The moon is full, making it a perfect night for the judgement. She looks at me and smiles. I smile back. She shifts into her wolf form and bounds off. I wait.

After about an hour, I hear a very distant howl. I shift and howl back.

It begins.

I must find Bailey as she runs through the woods, tracking her by scent, sound, and sight. If i catch her before dawn, which is in about an hour, her parents will give us their blessing. If not, then we try again every full moon until I catch her.

I immediately catch her scent. It's a sweet scent. I start to follow it, and it gets stronger the closer I get to her.

Only about 30 minutes left now.

Her scent gets stronger and stronger.

15 minutes. The sky begins to lighten.

I round a corner when the scent is at its strongest, and yelp.

Bailey is hanging limp in the jaws of a grizzly bear.

Her caramel colored fur is red with blood, and a fresh gash is across her head. I growl at the bear. It drops her roughly, and turns towards me. I hear Bailey's parents in their wolf forms come to a stop in the bushes behind me. I understand why they don't want to help. They want to see if I will fight for her.

I charge the bear.