chapter 4

kagome's pov

On the inside I was pissed, I mean beat the living shit out of kikyo pissed (if it was even possible considering she was pot of clay) , but I knew better than to do that. I cleared my throat to get their attention. Once they finished there little make out session kikyo had a smirk on her face. I wanted to slap that smirk off her face. I bet you she felt my presence and started to make out with him to piss me off ( which it did ). The hut feel into this awkward silence and when sango,shippo,miroku entered the hut they felt the awkwardness.

"Kagome did you bring anything from home for us" shippo said braking the silence

"Home?...sango said you went out for a walk" ( chapter 2 ) Inuyasha said

What do you care, even if I told you I was going home you would still be here making out with kikyo is what I wanted to say but held my tongue.

"I did but went back home to get some things before coming back" I told him. oh was what he said as his reply ,typical.

"Anyway my mother made bentos for everyone" I said with a smile thinking of my mother. As I passed out the bentos everyone was a little surprised when I gave Inuyasha and Kikyo their bentos, especially kikyo considering what happened yesterday. While everyone else was enjoying their bentos inside I went outside to enjoy mine. So much went through my mind ,like what was i going to do now that Inuyasha is with kikyo, does he even need me anymore, should I go back home. As I finished my food I pushed these thoughts to the back of my mind. I went back inside and told sango that I was going for a walk in the woods alone and to come get me when we were leaving.

I brought my backpack and bow and arrows with me. As I walked i was able to finally found an opening in woods that was not to far from the village, I took out my two containers that had paint in them along with my paint brush and painted a target on a couple of trees that were around me. I took out my bow and arrows and practiced shooting at the center of each bulls-eye ,and I made every single shoot. I thought it was because I was getting better but I realized it was only because I pictured each bulls-eye either kikyo or inuyasha. With every shot I made I got faster and faster until i reached my limit. I then practiced my body coordination, I did flips and all sorts of complicated body movements that could help in battle.

For each shot I made I felt a welling up of power inside my body. I knew that as a miko I had power but I couldn't tap into them just yet. I was so into my practice that I was surprised when someone called my name and i ended up shooting an arrow in there direction thinking they were an attacker.

 when i realized it was sango, i reached out my hand and screamed "STOP".

At that moment the arrow was surrounded by a reddish glow and stopped in air falling to sango's feet. I stood frozen still trying to process what  had just happened, still wondering if I did that. When i was out of my daze I pushed what just happened to the back of my head and ran towards sango.

"I'm so sorry sango you surprised me and my fingers slipped thinking you were an attacker"i said in a rush forgetting to breath

"It's ok,at least I'm still alive"she said with a smile"But what and how did it stop like that" she continued."I don't know, I think I stopped it but I can't be sure...please keep this a secret from the others for now"I told her."ok, i came here to tell you that we are about to leave.....also that kikyo is going to be travailing with us" she said with a griminess on her face. At the thought of kikyo coming with us  all over Inuyasha kind of made me griminess too.

**********************************

All of us have been traveling for about a 2 months now and every second of the day kikyo was at inuyasha's side. After about a month I got used to it, but the only thing I couldn't get used to and always made me upset was the site of them kissing.

Every now and then we would encounter a demon, some with jewel shards and others without. And every time we fought one of these demons  Kikyo  would always aim an arrow in my direction calming she was trying to hit the demon, and every time I would miss it by only an inch.

Today we were fighting one of naraku's puppet. I was way to close to it giving kikyo a chance to shoot me. As I shot an arrow at Naraku's puppet killing it, she shot an arrow at me . This time i wasn't fast enough, allowing it to hit me in the side of my stomach. I screamed in pain and fell to the ground as darkness consumed me.

*************************************

When I woke up we were at a camp site. It seemed like everyone was sleeping except for sango who was changing the bandage around my stomach.

"What happened " i asked her as i tried to sit up.

"After kikyo claimed to accidentally shot you, you blacked out and now we are here"she told me "accident my ass" I said under my breath. I felt as if I need to leave this group and be on my own for awhile and I knew this was a perfect time to do that.

"I need to go"i told sango "go where" she asked ''I need to travel on my own for awhile " i told her

"Not with that injury your not"she said with a stern face "I'm fine, i cant even feel it "i said standing up and stretching feeling a sting of pain in my side but didn't show it.

"Even if you are where will you go, and who will take care of you" she said with worry on her face "Sango I am very capable of taking care of myself and i will let my instinct guide me" I told her with a determined face

" I see there is no changing your mind on this subject so ..... fine but you have to take kirara with you and I mean it there is no room for argument" she said "Thank you for understanding" I said "

With that I took out an arrow and smashed the sheckon jewel around my neck in half giving her half and keeping my half. "Give that half to them... also tell shippo not to worry about me and that i will be back to see him also give him this" I said giving her a lollipop.

With that I grabbed my stuff along with my bow and arrows, gave a hug and a kiss on the cheek to sango and was off with kirara into the sunrise.

********************************************

Hey guys how was this chapter. it took me forever to write this. its a lot longer than the rest. sesshomaru might show in the next chapter yea.

like

comment

vote

share