22

"It's a bit messy," Yoongi said sheepishly as he let Daisy into his apartment. As usual, he kicked off his shoes, and he could see Daisy hesitate a little, "You don't have to take them off," He muttered, "I just don't like wearing shoes inside,"

He headed straight down his narrow corridor, followed by Daisy. He paused a little as he  grasped the handle of the door that led into the piano room, but after a deep breath, he pushed it open and went inside.

"Wow," Daisy said softly as she entered behind him, "That is a beautiful piano," She moved to the gleaming black piano and gently ran her fingers across the glossy surface.

"Yes," Yoongi agreed, "It is. It's a Bechstein. It is versatile, and can create deep and delicate tones, as well as gentle and energetic," He smiled at it fondly, "It is the second most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life. It was a gift,"

"Second?" Daisy asked, pulling her hand away almost reluctantly. She had never really felt the pull of a piano so strong before.

Yoongi took a breath and sat down on the stools. He lifted the lid and touched the keys gently, not enough to make a sound, "My wife was the first," His voice was so low that Daisy could barely hear it, "You cannot play this piano with no emotion," He said suddenly, turning to face her, "It would be an insult to me, to the master who created this beautiful thing, and to-" He cut himself off, looking down at the keys again.

"To...?" Daisy asked.

"My wife, who loved hearing it played, so much," He said. With a deep breath he stood up, "I'm trusting you," He gestured to the piano, and Daisy shook her head.

"I want you to play, first," She said, "It's only right, it is your piano. You're supposed to be teaching me to play, so play,"

Yoongi stared at her for a moment, before sitting back down. He lifted his fingers, gently playing his scales with both hands to warm up, before closing his eyes, "If you were to ask me to play what I'm feeling now, it would be..." He lifted his hands, and pressed them down gently, starting the first piece that came to his mind. 

Daisy watched silently as the beautiful, gentle notes filled the air. She could feel the sadness and despair as his fingers danced like an elegant ballerina across the black and white keys. She could feel the darkness in his heart, and knew it reached down to his very soul, his entire being. But the tone of the music gradually began to change; the notes grew louder and deeper. She expected that with this change, the emotions would drop as well, but to her surprise, it didn't.

Yoongi played with hope, pushing through the raw despair. It was so gradual, that she barely noticed it at first; all she could think of was trying to control her tears at the sorrow being portrayed through the notes floating around in the air. All she could see was Yoongi's pain, but she soon noticed the lighter, more delicate notes of hope, gently poking their way through the darkness and slowly lighting up the room. 

Yoongi was hurting, but he could feel more than just pain. He was learning how to move on, even though it was slow, and he lost his way from the path for a while. He was fighting to live on, to leave his past where it belonged; in the past. He kept his memories locked up in his heart, but that was where they should stay. He was going to hold onto that tiny ray of hope filtering through the dark clouds, and he was going to pull himself back to his feet.

The music resonated through Daisys body, surrounding her heart and rushing around the air. The piece came to it's finale, a deep and sad ending that proved to her just how much she still had to learn. Yoongi was feeling pain like hers, but it had twisted itself in a different way; he had locked up his emotions tightly with a padlock and hidden them away. She had let hers all out to the point where she had none left to show.

The last few notes of the piece made her loose control. She could feel the hot tears slowly rolling down her cheeks, but she couldn't figure out why. She understood why she cried when Yoongi last played, as it was such an emotional piece, but this was different.

It showed pain, it showed hope, and it was played with such an intense range of emotions and beauty, it was if she was living in a black and white world and was seeing colour for the first time in a long time. If her life was a pencil drawing, then Yoongi was adding the detail and colouring the paper with brilliant bright water colours with his music.

He slowly lifted his head and turned on the stool to face her, and she made no effort to wipe the tears from her cheeks.

"That was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard," She whispered, surprised at herself for being so open. But there was just something so pure about how Min Yoongi played the piano; how open and emotional he was, that made her not want to hide her feelings anymore.

She could understand why his wife loved to hear him play. At that moment, she would have given anything to hear him play for her; to be present when he was full of joy and happiness, and when his heart wasn't full of despair.

Yoongi gave her a sad smile, "Primavera is a beautiful piece," He said, standing up slowly.

"No," Daisy said, "That's not what I meant. I... I understood," Yoongi's eyes widened a little as she spoke, "I could feel your pain, but I could feel your hope. It felt like you were trying to grab onto a ray of sun through thick rain clouds, and even though you were going to the sun, you still had rain clouds trying to pull you back,"

Yoongi huffed out a soft laugh and ran his fingers through his hair, "Yeah," He said softly, "I guess you are starting to understand. How about you try it for yourself?"

---

AN: The piece for this is "Primavera" By Einaudi. If you listened to this while reading, you might have understood what I was trying to explain.. I don't think I did a very good job lol