Baby Tim Part 3

Baby Tim isn't really in this one, he is mentioned, but not seen.

—————————————————————————————————-

Your date with Jason is set for three days later, on Saturday. Jason had told you that we was dropping of Tim at Wayne Manor, strictly under Alfred's care, in order to let Bruce do more scans and to let Zatanna and Doctor Fate take a look at the magic that surrounds Tim.

"Yes, Jason, I understand that you need to do a quick patrol before we go out. It's fine! I promise, yes I will meet you at the restaurant. Okay, bye"

You chuckle as you hang up the phone, "He's so damn paranoid "you say to yourself

You continue to get ready for your date, putting on simple makeup, nice jeans and a blue flowy top. You walk out into your living room to put on your shoes when you hear your phone ring.

"Jason I told you ..."

"Not, Jason, pretty girl"

You freeze, "Who is this?" you whisper, dreading the answer

"People call me the Black Mask, sweetheart"

"What – why are you calling me?"

Black Mask chuckles, "Well you see, a few days ago one of my associates saw a man they call the Red Hood enter your establishment. According to the video they took, he seemed quite smitten with you."

You whimper, "That still doesn't explain why you are calling me"

You hear a sigh, "I have a highly trained sniper who has you in his scope right now. I fyou so much as twitch, you will be shot in the stomach. Now you might wonder 'why the stomach?' well you see, your precious Red Hood is on the opposite side of the city right now. As soon as I end this call with you, I am going to give him a ring. If you are shot in the stomach your death will be slow and panful, you will probably still be alive when he gets to you, but you will be too far gone to save. So you will die in his arms and in agony. He has fucked with my organization one too many times, and I think that it is time for him to pay, don't you?"

"Mr. Mask, I don't really think that me dying will make him stop coming after you"

"Listen, bitch, I don't really give a shit what you think, you just need to do as you are told"

"Alright, I won't move. I will stay right here"

"Good. Goodbye, I truly hope that you enjoy the wait"

You hear the click of the phone hanging up. You look down at your stomach and see the little red dot appear right above your belly button. You whimper and lock your knees, desperate not to fall, to not be shot. You knew that you would eventually be shot, that one the phone call between the Black Mask and the Red Hood was over that the snipers trigger would be pulled. That you were probably going to die that night.

-

Jason leapt from rooftop to rooftop, hurrying to finish him patrol so he could go get ready for his date. Currently he was on the phone with Tim, saying goodnight to his little boy

"Daddy! Daddy! I no wanna sleep!"

Jason chuckled, "You have to sleep, Timmy. You need to be a good boy and go to sleep, so you are all rested when Y/N comes over to play tomorrow"

Tim gave a long suffering sigh, "Okay daddy. Night night!"

"Night night, baby"

Jason hung up the phone and continued on his patrol. Five minutes later his phone rang again.

"Hello?"

"Hello Mr. Hood! How is patrol tonight?"

"Black Mask. Didn't expect to hear from you tonight"

"I have something to tell you" Black Mask practically sang, "I have your little sweetheart in the scope of a sniper right now! Your girl, what was he name? Y/N I believe"

Jason could feel his blood run cold, and he immediately began to make his way toward your apartment, "I swear to fucking God, if you hurt her ..."

"What are you going to do? Kill me? You haven't managed to do that you. Plus I do believe that you are working for the Batman now, and he has a very strict moral code against killing"

"I don't give a shit about him, you had better not hurt her!"

"As soon as I hang up this phone, the message will be sent to my guy to shoot her. So you better hurry, Hood, or you won't get the chance to say goodbye" the Black Mask's laughter is cut off when he hangs up the phone.

Immediately Jason was calling Bruce, "B, I need an ambulance at Y/N's apartment, Black Mask said that he had a sniper on her. I am in route now. He said that she would be shot when he ended the phone call, that was about two minutes ago"

"An ambulance has been dispatched to her location"

"Thank you"

"Jason" Damian's voice spoke up, "You had better make it in time"

Jason just grunted, and ran even faster, desperate to get to Y/N, so save her.

-

The waiting seems to take hours, but in reality you know that it is only a few minutes. You tremble as you wait for the inevitable moment where you will be shot. Even though you are waiting for it, you are still not prepared when it happens. You hear the window shattering before you feel the pain. It feels like fire has ripped through your stomach. You scream.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck" you whimper, "gotta put pressure on it."

You let out a sob as you when you use a blanket to try and stop the bleeding. You can hear an ambulance stop outside of your apartment, Jason had called an ambulance. You just might survive the night, you might make it. You can hear the EMT's pounding on your door, shouting for you to unlock the door. You stumble to your feet, trying to make your way to the door.

"Miss?! Miss, open the door!"

You don't really remember making your way to the door, but suddenly it is open and you are staring at two paramedics.

"Help" you whimper, collapsing forward, into the arms of the two men.

"Just stay with us! Can you tell up what happened?"

You try to answer, but you only end up coughing up blood. You can feel the edged of you vision begin to go grey. You can feel you consciousness slipping. The last thing you remember is burning pain in your stomach and you wondered how Jason would tell Tim that you were going to miss their play date tomorrow.