Baby Tim Part 1

Jason had received a distress signal from Batman, who had been fighting against some magical being who was terrorizing the people of Gotham.

"Hood, I need you down at the docks now"

Jason growled, "Thought Nightwing and Red Robin were already there"

"They are, but something ... happened to Red Robin"

Jason froze and immediately turned to grapple his way across the city. He no longer hated Tim, he had even started to enjoy they third Robins company.

"I'm on my way, B. ETA 5 minutes"

There was no reply, but by the time Jason arrived the fight was over. The man who had been causing all of the problems had been restrained and his magical book, where his power stemmed from, had been taken away.

"You missed all the fun, Littlewing" Dick called

But Jason wasn't paying attention to Dick, or even to the wizard, his eyes were focused on Bruce, or more accurately the small squirming bundle that he was holding.

"Is that ..." Jason whispered

"Yes, this is Red Robin. He was hit with one of the spells from the book"

Tim couldn't have been more than two, he looked so small, dwarfed by his costume and Bruce's large size. Suddenly big blue eyes opened and looked right at Jason, "Jay! Jay!" the toddler lunged out of Bruce's arms and into Jason's.

"He knows who we are?" Jason looked at Bruce as Tim snuggled into his armored chest, babbling quietly to the older man.

"You are surprisingly good with kids, Jason" Dick said, walking to stand beside him. He tried to take Tim from Jason but as soon as Dick touched him Tim started to cry. Tim gripped Jason's leather jacket, letting out high pitched wails, "nononononon" he sobbed.

Jason bounced the baby gently in his arms, using one hand to cup the back of Tim's head and tuck him into Jason's neck, "Shh, shh, Timmy, it's okay, you can stay with me if that's what you want" Jason continues bounce Tim gently as he glared at Dick, "Leave him alone right now Dickie, he might go to you in a bit, but not right now" suddenly Jason smiles, "I guess we know who's the favorite big brother now huh Bluebird?"

Dick pouts and goes over to where Damian is standing with the unconscious wizard. Dick wraps his arms around Damian and pouts at where his other two brothers are, "Don't be insulted, Grayson. Drakes tastes have always been subpar"

"Don't make fun of Tim when he can't defend himself, Dami"

"We need to go back to the cave, see if we can turn Red Robin back into his adult self"

Jason just snorts, "The kids isn't even an adult yet, he's only 17"

Bruce sighs, "Fine then, we will turn him back into his usual teenage self"

Jason glanced down at the toddler, who had fallen asleep against his shoulder. "We can run tests tonight, to make sure that he is healthy, but the cure can wait until tomorrow, the poor kid is exhausted"

At first Bruce was against it, but seeing one of his sons looks so young and innocent made his cave, the baby really did need to sleep.

-

Once everyone gets back to the cave, Dick and Damian hit the showers and head up to the manor to sleep and Jason carefully puts Tim in a playpen that Alfred had brought down to the cave for when Bruce did the scans. Tim didn't even stir all through the scans and tests. However as soon as Jason says that he is about to leave, Tim scrambles up in the playpen and starts yelling, "Jay! Jay no go! Jay stay!"